What's new

Beer+cigars

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I'm not a beer drinker...at all...but I think thats awesome. I'd like to try some of their stuff! I'm actually really looking forward to trying the new Quesada Oktoberfest which supposedly was blended to be paired with beer. If I didn't get fat so easily I'd probably really get into micro brews and craft beers. Good find brotha!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
When I go to Florida in November I will definately be looking to try some of those beers. Beer and cigars go so good together when you get the right pairings.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm not a beer drinker...at all...but I think thats awesome. I'd like to try some of their stuff! I'm actually really looking forward to trying the new Quesada Oktoberfest which supposedly was blended to be paired with beer. If I didn't get fat so easily I'd probably really get into micro brews and craft beers. Good find brotha!
Exactly what he said...Every word too!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I took the family to Orlando this past April, I found a beer store and bought a few of the Cigar City offerings. Really good brews. Wish they distributed in Ohio.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unfortunately, I have never like a single beer I've tried :/ but if I'm ever anywhere that serves these, I'll give it a go. Brilliant idea.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The last few cigars I have smoked on hot days I have accompanied with a nice cold Blue Moon. I cant smoke and drink hoppy beers, just never seemed to pair right with me. But stronger beers and wheat/grain beers have a completely different flavor profile and I find to be a nice addition to any quality cigar. I want to give the Oktoberfest a try as well, seems like a concept right up my alley.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Very interesting.
I typically like my beer to taste.... Like ... Well beer!

I think I would put this into the infused category.
I don't like infused cigars.
I really don't like infused(flavored beer).

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
although the oktoberfest does pair well with oktoberfest beer...the cigar is way too one dimensional...and was not that good.

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Didn't seem like u were shy around the beer when u came out to Hawaii LOL.

although the oktoberfest does pair well with oktoberfest beer...the cigar is way too one dimensional...and was not that good.
As your partner in the initial test I must share your view.
I smoked one the next day and couldn't agree more guys.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Honestly, dark beers are really the only thing that pairs well with cigars. The key is you have to have a heavy malt forward profile. Too much hops will impart a bitterness on the cigar that no one wants. RIS, barrel-aged stouts, milk stouts, chocolate stouts seem to work best for me.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The last few cigars I have smoked on hot days I have accompanied with a nice cold Blue Moon. I cant smoke and drink hoppy beers, just never seemed to pair right with me. But stronger beers and wheat/grain beers have a completely different flavor profile and I find to be a nice addition to any quality cigar. I want to give the Oktoberfest a try as well, seems like a concept right up my alley.
I agree, a Paulaner Hefe-Weizen and a Zino Platinum Scepter Low Rider on a hot summer day are perfect.