What's new

Beer Discussion Thread

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
In digging through the libations sections for ya'lls suggestions on things to try, I figured we'd try and consolidate. I am pretty new to this whole 21 year old thing and here's what I've tried so far:

Blue Moon Spring (meh), Delirium Tremens, Delirium Nocturnum (damn good), Three Philosophers (damn good), Sixth Glass (damn good), Young's double chocolate(good), Baileys chocolate Ale (local bars brew), Stone IPA, oaked Arrogant Bastard, everything Schlafly (local brewery), and a few more things from Stone I can't remember.

Any other suggestions?

Again, just trying to get a thread started where EVERYTHING beer can be discussed :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My favorite go-to beer at bars is a Yeungling (sp?). Has plenty of flavor to compliment a meal and not super filling as to ruin your night if you have lots of drinking to do. Guiness is absolutely fantastic too, but way too heavy for most occasions.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Spotted Cow and Summer Shandy are my two favorite beers. There's some others I've only had once or twice locally, and can't remember the names to save my life. But, they were so damn good. If I find the names, I'll post em up

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It varies so much by region that some beers can be hard for you to track down. Hell, I drive an hour just to get the good beer.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
My brother home brew is where it is at, then mine. lol

We have tons of good beers locally also.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard, IPA, levitation, and some boulevard sixth glass tonight! along with a cigar i haven't decided on yet.

wish i knew how to homebrew...maybe once i move into my apartment this summer.

Does Schlafly make it out to any of you guys?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Delirium Tremens, Delirium Nocturnum (damn good), Three Philosophers (damn good), Sixth Glass (damn good),:thumbsup:
Seeing what brews you thought were dam good I would give St. Bernardus Abt 12, Pannepot - Old Fisherman's Ale, Allagash FOUR , Trappistes Rochefort 10 , and Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw a try

Oh ya as for Schlafly
There 07 brewers reserve Russian Imperial Stout was one of the best RIS I have ever tried

c money

Banned
Rating - 90%
10   1   0
Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard, IPA, levitation, and some boulevard sixth glass tonight! along with a cigar i haven't decided on yet.

wish i knew how to homebrew...maybe once i move into my apartment this summer.

Does Schlafly make it out to any of you guys?
Great choices

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yes on the DogFishHead, just keep trying them....ALL!

Also we are at the end of Spring Beers and the start of Summer Beers. I am from New England so I drink a lot of Sam Summer and Harpoon Summer. There is also Magic Hat, they have a summer beer Wacko that i like from time to time. Just walk into a Beer store and just buy a few 6 packs and try them.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've only had the blue label Chimay Grand Cru I believe. Was a great beer but a little hyped, IMO.