What's new

Beer + Old Pipes + 1st Cigar = Vacation

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Just figured I would put a lot of this in one thread and those that are interest or just bored can skim and read. I will feel this post with short blurbs on my road trip to S.C. and some rather cool things that happened.

Skip to the pipes and the bottom to see more about a 1st cigar and beers.

Well Sunday morning the pup (Kombi) and I set off in the rental car to see my folks in S.C. Little did I know that I had to much crap running on my cell phone via blue tooth that I drained my battery fast and had to make a pit stop at Cigar Hustlers place to steal some juice, so I also had a quick smoke.
The Pup.

I even let him drive at times.

Pit Stop cigar.

Many beautiful sun rises and sunsets on my parents front porch. Some involved cigars and coffee.

Or beer

Kombi enjoyed the porch and front yard as well.

Well after talking with my folks at a drug store that was also still a soda shop

They mentioned they still had some of my grandfathers pipes that they would like to give me since I have started into pipes. Here they are, I don't know much about them but I will hold them tight. Also need to learn how to clean them to prep them to be used as well.

I then went to a lot of antique shops and found a sweet pipe & tobacco holder. Also scooped up another Coke bottle opener.

Some other cool Civil War tobacco items I found.

So then we went camping in Charleston - James Island

Found a kick ass BBQ joint called Smokey Oak Taproom

Came back and had an FFP

The next day we walked around downtown Charleston then headed off to Mt. Pleasant to the Westbrook brewery as suggested to me by a few people here. Did some samples and a quick tour.

So after a full day we came back to the site and I lit up an L40.

While talking on here about father having a cigar with the sons for the first time, I wanted to do the opposite and get my father to have his first cigar with me, and he did!

He even kicked my ass with a nice ash.

That was awesome to sit and talk with pops about cigars and watch him have his first. He now wants me to send him some more to try. I collected his first band as well as my L40 and plan to print a photo with the bands and frame it to send to him.

After all that was the drive home where I meet up with Curtis for my first smoke at Coronas. My HE had a really bad wrapper to which I just peeled it all the way off and kept on smoking.

Long post I know but it was a kick ass time!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Sweet photos Matt. It is true what they say, 1000 words and all that, and also true about dogs bearing resemblance to their owners! LOL. Pretty cool thing you did with your pops there too.
Love the looks of that barbeque man. Bet it was great...
Thx..

KK33

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Great post Matt. Hope you can come back up for the Snack Box Pass handoff. That will give you a little more time to go through Coronas.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Thanks for the sharing of ur trip, Looks like a good time was had by all ..........

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
Awesome thread Matt. Nothing beats time with family and loved ones. I hope someday to share a pipe or cigar with my ol man, might be a little tough since hes never smoked anything in his life time.....

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks guys! It's just really cool to learn some family history and share great moments. I guess my father had only taken a puff off my grandfathers pipe and a few cigs while in the service before this cigar.

Sorry that they are all cell shots but when I am on vacation I tend to leave the camera behind and enjoy the time I have with loved ones.

Sent from your mothers phone

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Great story man, it kinda makes me jealous. Those pipes are bad a$$ as hell and the BBQ about had me licking my phone screen.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
very cool vaca, man! i am guessing by the shape and ash you bombed your dad a fuente SS or best seller? he rocked that burn line hard for a new guy! o)

your grandpa's pipes are beautiful. take a little extra effort to dig up tips on caring for meerschaum and they should last your lifetime as well.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
very cool vaca, man! i am guessing by the shape and ash you bombed your dad a fuente SS or best seller? he rocked that burn line hard for a new guy! o)

your grandpa's pipes are beautiful. take a little extra effort to dig up tips on caring for meerschaum and they should last your lifetime as well.
Yeah, I will be. I want to clean them up and give them a shot, maybe not the little one as much but these now mean a lot to me.

very cool vaca, man!.
He got a cow, too?!?!?!?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, had to look that up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome trip brother, I wish I still had the cigar lighter/ashtray set that was my grandfathers, it was lost in a fire years ago.