What's new

Beginings of bloom?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
A couple of weeks ago I smoked an '02 VR Unicos and noticed upon lighting that the cigar had a sort of 'slimy' feel to it. Nothing was visible on the surface, but once it was wetted by my saliva it became noticably slimy on my lips.

Was this the beginning of bloom? The cigar smoked and tasted wonderful.

vewyphishy

Smoking fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Nothing was visible on the surface, but once it was wetted by my saliva it became noticably slimy on my lips.
:smt119 Sounds pretty unusual to me. But I couldn't offer anything educational on bloom vs mold.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok, i tried to resist but can't.....

I told you not to use the cigars as a sex toy with your boyfriend. You know what that slime residue is now stop living in denial and come out already. We won't judge, really!!!! LMFAO!!!!:smt098

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Glad I found out about this now before I volunteered to take a PIF from Todd

:shock:

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
jordon said:
Me thinks Pulse wants you to come out for a reason.

:smt098 :smt004 :smt098

:smt054
Go hug a llaama...eh? Ya little Canadien donkey banger.....hehehehe.....:smt098

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Hmmm...never heard of tobacco slugs. :smt119
Should I send all my cigars to you now Ted, so that you can investigate. :-k
Yes please do ... I will do a scientific sampling and issue you a report of my findings within 30 days ... :)

Pulse said:
I told you not to use the cigars as a sex toy with your boyfriend. You know what that slime residue is now stop living in denial and come out already. We won't judge, really!!!! LMFAO!!!!:smt098
On second thought ... forget what I said earlier. My lab is not setup to handle biological contaminants ... :-&

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would doubt that it's bloom. More likely the oils coming through the wrapper. As cigars age, and if they're stored properly, they will become oilier and darker. Bloom or plume as some call it is not oily at all but is almost like a fine white powder on the wrapper.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Please...you sure are coming across as desperate today. You'd think you'd be all worn out after goin' ga-ga over your Dynastic Patriots. :smt098
Pulse said:
Ok, i tried to resist but can't.....

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That makes the most sense I guess.
mcgoospot said:
I would doubt that it's bloom. More likely the oils coming through the wrapper. As cigars age, and if they're stored properly, they will become oilier and darker. Bloom or plume as some call it is not oily at all but is almost like a fine white powder on the wrapper.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I may have experienced what you described, but it's not plume / bloom -- Mcgoospot has accurately described this.

I agree that if the cigar smoked well (i.e. was not too wet) this may have been the oils. Once or twice I have had the smoking end of the cigar become slightly saturated and, in conjunction with the oils in the cigar, this has produced a mild paste-like coating. I tend to disfavor this and wipe it off, but my explanation for it would have to be oils. My recommendation would be to try a different smoking technique the next time and make sure you let the cigar rest in the ash trey or in your hand between puffs (rather than holding it in your mouth). See if this makes a difference, as I do not believe the oils alone (i.e. without saliva) will create what you described.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
lfg2nrg said:
Todd, Maybe the roller sneezed when he was making your cigar!

#-o You never know I found a hair in a fonseca a while back good thing I saw it and pulled it but if you ever wonder why a cigar that is normaly is fantastic and all the sudden tastes bad is it a sick peroid :smt102 maybe but maybe not could be some special filler ya just don't know:roll:

The oils are coming threw the wrapper sounds like I was just smoking a Cazadore and it was fresh maybe 6 months of age while smoking it I could see the oils seeping threw the cap.