What's new

Best $10+ cigar?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Epernay La Ferme
I should explain this. it's just at that $10 mark and IMO I'd have to spend another $10 - $15 to find another I like as much. Yeah I'm lovin the LP's but the Epernay is tastier and milder making it the perfect anytime of the day cigar. Now if the Anarchy was a regular production cigar I'd put it right there with it.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
As far as the $10-$15 range and NCs, just so i can narrow it down a little:

Recently:

T52 Toro
Tat Taa 2012
Certain Opus X and Anejo

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Just got back from trip working in California. They're all $10 sticks out there. Let's see...I paid $10+ for Tat 7th Capa Esp, Illusione F9, Terroir, EH Vida, and one or two others I can't recall. May just be that I've become more elitist, but it seems the gap between special occasion splurge cigars and good non-splurge cigars has closed some.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My favorites, if I had to pick, would be: Padron 1926's, Liga FFP's/Dirty Rats, Tatuaje Cojunos, Fuente Opus X, Oliva V Melanio, Emilio Draig K's (they're right around the 10 dollar mark) and recently, Viaje Late Harvest. I love all of those sticks and look forward to the experience that each one brings. I try to be a bit more economical with my purchases because I find myself smoking 3-4 sticks a week, which adds up rather quickly with the rest of expenses that college brings with it (beer,pizza, etc.) :grin:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I get Anejos for $8.50 - $9.75 at this fantastic shop in Michigan. Tough to beat an Anejo at that price. I would say a for a good hidden gem, I like the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva. $9 a stick with deep rich, complex flavors. A fantastic smoke.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
This thread made me think about how often I'm smoking $10+ sticks, at least regular production, and when it comes down to it I saw that I don't. I think it's to a manufacturers advantage to make a regular production cigar under 10. It better be hella good for me to spend that much with SO many awesome sticks in the $6-9 range. With that said if I'm putting my foot over that line, I'm grabbing for a No. 9.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I get Anejos for $8.50 - $9.75 at this fantastic shop in Michigan. Tough to beat an Anejo at that price. I would say a for a good hidden gem, I like the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva. $9 a stick with deep rich, complex flavors. A fantastic smoke.
May I ask where in MI or what B&M?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is a loaded question for people in some states... I live in California and it seems that anything worth smoking is mostly over the $10 price point!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I'll tell you but you can't go buy them out of all the good stuff! Seriously, the guy who owns the shop prices stuff so reasonably it makes me feel bad sometimes when I leave. I found 2 boxes of the Don Pepin Garcia JJ Salomone dated 2006, the original release, and he's only asking $72 a box. That's $72 a box for 7 year old aged Pepin special release sticks! It's a crazy good deal. PM me and I'll let you know the name and where they are at. I guarantee you'll make a trip to them.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I'll tell you but you can't go buy them out of all the good stuff! Seriously, the guy who owns the shop prices stuff so reasonably it makes me feel bad sometimes when I leave. I found 2 boxes of the Don Pepin Garcia JJ Salomone dated 2006, the original release, and he's only asking $72 a box. That's $72 a box for 7 year old aged Pepin special release sticks! It's a crazy good deal. PM me and I'll let you know the name and where they are at. I guarantee you'll make a trip to them.
Thanks! Pm sent...