Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
What do you think will be this year's best released EL?

I have also added a 'Other' option to the poll in case any other EL's are released this year. Does anybody know for certain whether or not Cohiba or HdM will make a presence this year?

Also, if you have any experience already with any of them please let us know how they smoked.

This will be the kind of poll that will be fun to look back at year after year.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I was going to vote for the RyJ PP's but if they last year's HdM PR's are any indication I have to go with the Monte D since I don't care much for the Upmann profile. Then again, the RyJ Robusto EL release was superb.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I went with the RyJ only because the Robo EL is my favorite EL i've had.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Surprisingly I haven't had many ELs to date. Only a PSD#3 (early in my smoking days and not appreciated) and a Sublime that was too young.

I'm torn between the mag50 and Monte D...But alas, I vote for the Monte D

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Haven't tried any of the three, yet.

I'm an R&J slut, so that would be my choice to at least try first, but none of my sources have it.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I've heard the Mag 50 tastes like a larger Mag 46.

I think/hope the Monte D will be the best. I like the Monte profile and the Dalia is a very nice size smoke.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am going with the Monte D, although I haven't had one yet...I guess it's more of wishful thinking.

For those who like the Mag46, you won't be disappointed with the Mag50 when they get some age on them! VERY promising!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw how much the Montes (and the rest for that matter are going for). $31.10 ea for the Montes? That's freaking insane...I am OUT!!!

I thought $30+ for the PSD4Res was as bad as it was going to get.

I suspect that they have pushed their limits with the pricing and will have a ton sitting on the shelves 9 months from now. Wait for them to have a year's age on them and wait for them to go on sale big time (like the Cohiba Reservas, Monte Cs, etc...)

What a bunch of crap!

Quote from R&D:
"I've got it!!! Let's take a Mag46, make it fatter, slap a shiney Edicion Limitada band on it and charge 3 times as much!!! Do we still have a ton of the EL bands left over from the C's???"

Quote from Marketing:
"Brilliant!"

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
N2Advnture said:
HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw how much the Montes (and the rest for that matter are going for). $31.10 ea for the Montes? That's freaking insane...I am OUT!!!.
Hold on, I wonder if this is a typo mistake. That price is for two boxes, each box has 10 cigars but it states 10 cigars. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats right... so that would mean the Ds are $15.50 each. Not too bad for an EL. I'm excited to see their take on that style.

Mike

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yes that's for the 2 box minimum order...I still think it's the best deal for around $15

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love H.Upmanns more so than RyJ's. However, everyone of the RyJ EL's have been superb in my opinion. I have to give the nod to the Petit Pyramids.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Quote from R&D:
"I've got it!!! Let's take a Mag46, make it fatter, slap a shiney Edicion Limitada band on it and charge 3 times as much!!! Do we still have a ton of the EL bands left over from the C's???"

Quote from Marketing:
"Brilliant!"

All joking aside about this but I was under the impression originally that the Mag 50 was going to be part of their regular production. So when did this change from regular production to EL status? :dunno: Hmmm wondering if this happened cause of the illegal american market? Typically it seems that americans like bigger gauged smokes and longer one's too. :scratchhe

ehdg

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
ehdg said:
All joking aside about this but I was under the impression originally that the Mag 50 was going to be part of their regular production. So when did this change from regular production to EL status? :dunno: Hmmm wondering if this happened cause of the illegal american market? Typically it seems that americans like bigger gauged smokes and longer one's too. :scratchhe

ehdg
Agreed. I think it has to do with a majority of US smokers being less experienced than the rest of the world and therefore don't appreciate the thinner ringed gauges or how to smoke them properly.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
N2Advnture said:
Agreed. I think it has to do with a majority of US smokers being less experienced than the rest of the world and therefore don't appreciate the thinner ringed gauges or how to smoke them properly.
Or it could have to do with size issues or should I say lack of! :headroll: