Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I was under the impression only 5 marcas would produce ELs; RyJ, Hoyo, Cohiba, Partagas and Montecristo. Now they add the Upmann. As soon as you know it, all brands will have EL's, LE's, ultra limited edition, reserve, estate reserve, etc.etc.etc. (in a couple of years, the whole cigar will be wrapped with 5 or 6 bands)

This type of marketing seems directed towards the Americans, which in it's own right is interesting at the least.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
owljones said:
I was under the impression only 5 marcas would produce ELs; RyJ, Hoyo, Cohiba, Partagas and Montecristo. Now they add the Upmann. As soon as you know it, all brands will have EL's, LE's, ultra limited edition, reserve, estate reserve, etc.etc.etc. (in a couple of years, the whole cigar will be wrapped with 5 or 6 bands)

This type of marketing seems directed towards the Americans, which in it's own right is interesting at the least.

make them and they will come.

as long as everyone needs the latest cigars and will pay the premium, they will make them.

It has to eventually effect the "uniqueness" (if any) of these cigars in the long runs. just slap an "EL" band on a cigar and call it a day.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
owljones said:

You make a good point there. But VR also had in a way an EL last year. They had the 15th Jahre "Year" 5th Avenue Products, Jubilaums-Edition but it was only made for the German market and its band. This cigar also was in the mold/size of the Siglo VI/Monti Edmundo. Also a limited run of the BGM's was made for Germany too which could be considered an EL though it didn't get any special banding.

ehdg

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
ehdg said:
All joking aside about this but I was under the impression originally that the Mag 50 was going to be part of their regular production. So when did this change from regular production to EL status? :dunno:
I think you may be confusing it with the introduction of Mag 46's coming in cabs of 50. :dunno:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
owljones said:

That's exactly what I was getting at here: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=2929