What's new

Best Buy Reward Zone

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
So when they first asked me to sign up I was reluctant. Now, I am pretty happy with it. I think it was 10 bucks a year, and I got my second year free. I think I got like 20 bucks back in rewards and a ton of coupons.

Anyone else a memeber?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am a member and only signed up because I was replacing my TV and my DirTV equipment...then I started using it when I had to buy stuff for work (printers, carts, cables, etc...)

2 weeks ago, I bought a GE Stainless Steel refridgerator:
$1200
$1050 on sale
$ 400 in Rewards Zone Points
$ 650 total

I'll probably never really use it again, except for work and the points expire which is a RIP because the online agreement says they dont!!!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Working at best buy, I find quite a few things funny.

One is Reward Zone. Often, I will toss it in free when people buy a computer package. If the package costs 1500 bucks, there's 75 in their pocket. Kinda cool. Of course they have to spend the money at BBY, but it's all good in the end. Creating customer loyalty is what it's all about.

Oh, and the product service plans and replacement plans... We actually lose money on those regardless if what people think. Actually, best buy loses money every time a product goes out the door. The only way best buy makes money is by having those large manufacturer displays and endcaps, basically like banner ads on a website.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
So BB stay in business through advertising. The face for the advertising is by selling prodcuts below cost?