What's new

Best Cheap Stogie for Under 1 buck

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love a premium cigar as much as the next guy and smoke them quite regularly.
But what about my drive to work in the morning do I really want to spend 2-3 bucks for a 15 minute drive? That adds up.
I refuse to smoke a cigar that I don't like.

So awhile back I experimented with finding a short tasty smoke for under a buck.

After trying around 7-10 gars the winner was the Ugly Coyote natural sweet. It's made of imported tobacco, less than 50 cents a stick and grows on one.
I've been smoking 1 a day on the way to work and don't feel cheated at all. It has a nice imported cigar flavor. The Clint Eastwood Cheroot style might be
a turnoff to some. It's consistently well rolled. Lasts for 15-20 minutes which is a sweet spot for me.

They come in packets of 8 and I buy 40 at a time. Famous often has sales and they can be picked up for around $18.00 for 40 sticks. I find the Pack of 8 to be convenient to carry around in my Vest Pocket.

I do advise that you try a pack and don't make your judgement on just smoking 1 cigar. The more I smoke em the more I like them.

They are stronger than Backwoods so if you are a Backwoods smoker there is adjustment period.
Yes an honorable mention goes to backwoods, but they are smaller with less tobacco also had a price increase and moved from 8 per packet to 6 per packet.
Many say that the Backwoods has , lousy rolling quality too. I like the full flavor of the UC over Backwoods but it could work the other way.

Truth is that if money is not part of the equation I still prefer Ugly Coyote over Backwoods and anything else in it's price range.

An Runner UP mention goes to the Acid Krush series.
A cleaner roll very tasty only problem is that they are around $1.25-1.50 which could get expensive.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
De Nobili/Parodi/Avanti They have some infused flavored stuff as well
De nobili are my drive to work stick. Outstanding fire cured sticks.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I picked up some Party Chicos and Monte Joyitas a while back for the times when I wanted to smoke but only had a very short amount of time and might have to toss them early. Machine made short filler yes, but at least they're still Cuban tobacco and I got them for under a buck a piece.

They work I guess, but ultimately they just leave me wishing I could smoke a real cigar. More of a tease than anything

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some Party Chicos and Monte Joyitas a while back for the times when I wanted to smoke but only had a very short amount of time and might have to toss them early. Machine made short filler yes, but at least they're still Cuban tobacco and I got them for under a buck a piece.

They work I guess, but ultimately they just leave me wishing I could smoke a real cigar. More of a tease than anything
The Ugly coyote leaves me satisfied. It's a decent flavorful smoke. Since it comes wrapped in batches of 8. It lasts months unopened.
I went 6 months without smoking them as I used to vape. But since quitting vaping I needed a smoke for driving to work and a midday short smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forums here. Thanks for this post as since cigar smoking a year and a half now, this is the same dilemma I've been faced with. I've been on the beginnings of a journey to discover this mythical sub $1.00 stick, so I will certainly check your suggestion out.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's something out there under a $1 that's good???? Isn't that like asking what is the best bottle of cheap Tequila under $5....the answer is...there isn't such a thing esp. when you're sitting on the toilet the next day with your head in your hands crying like a whiney lil bitch and you just ran out of toilet paper!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Cigary here. I don't think I would enjoy a under a dollar cigar, I find it hard to find a decent cigar at $5. But I also don't understand a 15 minute cigar. I need at least 45 minutes to enjoy a cigar. But to each their own. I'm glad you found something you like.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude...OMG...long time no see! You gotta be retired by now ....how long has it been...was actually thinking about you a week ago...you been missed!
Not retired yet, in my 28th year! Still smoking all the time just haven't been on any cigar forums. My kids got me into lightsabers a couple years ago and been on a lightsaber forum LOL.

Good to see a familiar name!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk