What's new

Best cigar to give away?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm just getting started and have a few favorites, but I don't have a huge stockpile yet. I am looking for a cigar to give to someone who doesn't know/care what it tastes like. My sister has a new boyfriend and wants us to bond, but he thinks Jesey Shore is height of cinema. I don't want to offend the guy but I'ld rather not give up my limited supply of favorites to a guy thats not going to care what he's smoking. Any Suggestions?

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If he doesn't know anything about cigars, then he's not going to be insulted unless you handed him something like a White Owl or Philly. Don't worry about it too much, good cigars can be had for less than $10. If you don't want to give up your stash, just swing into your local store and pick out anything in the $6-8 range

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
what's up in savannah?
from the sound of it, you could get by with some backwoods smokes or swisher sweets!
no sense wasting anything decent

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
btw drobinson, swing into the introductions forum and say hey. Plan on sticking around a while? BOTL is a great hangout!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Another option is to hit up JR's or CI and pick up one of their cheap bundles. Plenty of JR Alternatives in the $30 range for 20 sticks. Perfect give-away fodder.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Normally, this would NOT be my advice; but because of the whole Jersey Shore thing, I say give him whatever crap you have but don't want to smoke.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Lots of good suggestions already but check out some of the pinar del rio line, capa oscuro can be had for $5 or the Chaveta (rolled by PDR also) is worth checking out in the same price range. Casa Magna is good as well, natural or oscuro for about 7-8 dollars.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
...he thinks Jesey Shore is height of cinema.
You mean there is something on tv better than Jersey Shore?

For the record, I've never seen it, but there is a cackling group of women in my office who are obsessed with it, so I suffer the play-by-play ad nauseum

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think in the end I may be approaching the situation (no pun intended) in the wrong way. I should probably look at this as an oppurtunity to share something I truly enjoy with someone. Although he is dating my little sister so I can't be to friendly:)

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I think in the end I may be approaching the situation (no pun intended) in the wrong way. I should probably look at this as an oppurtunity to share something I truly enjoy with someone. Although he is dating my little sister so I can't be to friendly:)
+1 I always do the same with my friends, whether they are seasoned smokers or not.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah, Jersey Shore mentality or not, here's a chance to possible nurture a new brother (in law :)). So don't give him crap but instead a decent starter cigar that's light on the wallet (in case it doesn't "take"). Say one of the Oliva series.

Heck if your sis wants you two to bond, what better way than educating him about cigars.
Then, years from now, with the wives gossiping in the kitchen, kids running around in the yard...you and him can smoke some good cigars while grilling! :togetherl

RW