What's new

Best Coffee Maker with a timer

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So I know I like my press when I'm consciously making coffee but what do you guys think is the best coffee maker with a timer for first thing in the am? I currently have a Krups KT4065 and hate it with a passion. The thing leaks, design sucks, only brews half a pot now. Originally got it because I got a discount at Sur La Table and it looked good and well it was a Krups. I had a Krups machine when I was in college and that thing lasted me almost 15 years and probably would have kept going if I hadn't lost the thing in a move (not physically lost but dropped it). I had that cuisinart that has the grinder and that thing was a POS from the get go. Returned it after 3 days. Luckily I had bought that one at Costco so they took it back. Funny because the lady there told me they get them back regularly.

Sooo, what do you guys think, don't want to go through the trial and error thing if I don't have to. Was looking at the moccamaster but they don't have one with a timer. G1

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What's your budget and what is your quality-to-ease ratio you're looking for? I am in love with my Keurig Elite machine, but honestly the coffee isn't perfection. I also use a french press when making coffee when I have the time.

I order my k-cups online from Amazon so it comes out to like $.40 a cup or something. I highly recommend! (Also, Keurig's customer service is unbeatable)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah, I've had a great experience with Keurig, we use it out at our country place. Coffee's good but not great so its fine for a few days but haven't found one that would be good for everyday. I have a Nespresso machine as well which I love for the ease and for espresso but I'm looking for a good reliable programmable drip machine. If I don't find one, I may just go Keurig and experiment more with different Kcups. I've tried about 30 different blends from different companies and like the coffee people's blends the best but still not great. I guess its going to be sacrificing a little to have convenience inn the am. Costco has a few super automatics but they're geared more for espresso than coffee so dead end there. G1

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Yeah, I have been going through the Coffee People blends as well for my Keurig. I just settled in on Jet Fuel and I think it'll be my regular k-cup down the road. About 10 years ago, actually, probably more, my family had a Black and Decker programmable (analog!) drip coffee maker that was the best I'd ever tasted. It still works today but it got too ugly to keep around. Every drip machine I've used since then, B&D and Mr. Coffee alike, have pretty much sucked.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah, I've had a great experience with Keurig, we use it out at our country place. Coffee's good but not great so its fine for a few days but haven't found one that would be good for everyday. I have a Nespresso machine as well which I love for the ease and for espresso but I'm looking for a good reliable programmable drip machine. If I don't find one, I may just go Keurig and experiment more with different Kcups. I've tried about 30 different blends from different companies and like the coffee people's blends the best but still not great. I guess its going to be sacrificing a little to have convenience inn the am. Costco has a few super automatics but they're geared more for espresso than coffee so dead end there. G1
consumer reports suggests the Cooks 780-2403 Energy-Saving (JCPenney)

its available at jcpenney.

CR's Take
This Cooks 8- to 14-cup model was excellent in overall performance, and • Brew performance was excellent.
• Carafe handling was very good.
Highs• Brew performance was excellent.
• Carafe handling was very good.

and it's only 50 bux.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Really depends on your budget? I love my Saeco super automatic as no need for a program on it grind and make by the cup on demand. If you like americano style coffee this is a great choice just not very budget friendly.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Bunn Phase Brew HG and it works flawlessly. It produces coffee that is right between 200* and 202*. I grind my beans before I go to bed and have the brew waiting for me as soon as I wake up.....It doesn't get any better than that...LOL

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have the Bunn Phase Brew HG and it works flawlessly. It produces coffee that is right between 200* and 202*. I grind my beans before I go to bed and have the brew waiting for me as soon as I wake up.....It doesn't get any better than that...LOL
^^ What he said. I've been using it for a while and it's great. Use beans that are less than 4 weeks roasted and grind fresh before bed and it's great. 6 minute heat up time (no boiler to waste $$$) and just under 4 minute brew time. Plus it looks cool.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depends on how much you really care about coffee.

Best way to go for a counter top unit is probably a Technivorm that you plug into an appliance timer. Nothing else gets everything as right as this does.

We have one of the few Cuisinart grinder/brew units that is not defective and it makes life easy. That being said, I won't purchase another one as they're too flaky and I don't get the coffee as strong as I want.

I go with either a single cup pour over or a French Press in the mornings now. It's too easy to keep an electric kettle and a press just outside of the bedroom to get exactly what I want.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could afford the Technovorm but it was just cost prohibitive. As far as others, I've tried several and this Bunn Phase Brew is the best so far.