What's new

Best habanos factories

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've read various comments on cigar sites over the past few months that have made me curious.

Which factories in Cuba do you feel turn out the best / most consistent cigars?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Well I don't have much experience with rating stock from specific factories, but every older RA and Partagas I've owned have been wonderful. This obviously is the partagas factory OSU.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I thought the Partagas factory was GKI? Didn't CW use the Partagas factory for all his special release stuff? All are dated GKI as well?

That being said, GKI and KMM is my vote

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
El Laguito, but I have no idea of the code these days..still CLE? Also have had great luck with GKI, LLN, OSU.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GKI, OSU, and LLN have all had great production over the years. Out of these factories:

GKI DIC 03 Monte 2's.. AWESOME!
OSU ABR 00 BBF's...Incredible smokes considering they were from the dreaded 99-00 period.

LLN's - Don't remember the year..but some Mag46's I believe. Great and consistent as always.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
oneaday said:
CLE - El Lagutio
Far and away my favorite over the years. Custom sticks to die for and lets not forget Cohibas.

sadly, most cohibas are rolled at other factories (robustos, esplendidos, double coronas).

my vote goes to h. upmann and partagas.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
cvm4 said:
I thought the Partagas factory was GKI? Didn't CW use the Partagas factory for all his special release stuff? All are dated GKI as well?

That being said, GKI and KMM is my vote
GKI = Partagas (was OSU)
KMM = Romeo y Julieta
LLN = Jose Marti (Upmann) (was ECA?)
MKO = El Laguito (was CLE)

OSU used to be the code for the Partagas factory, until sometime in 03 I believe, then it was changed to GKI, and still is, at least up to 12/2004.

Besides the all the main ones mentioned, I've had some excellent Partagas smokes from SUA, but I don't know which factory it is :smt102

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree that LLN is putting out some great cigars lately. I've never had an bad box of cigars with the Partagas code (in its various incarnations). On the other hand, I've tried two from Sancti-Spíritus Province factories in the 2002-2003 period that just blew chunks.

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
My favorite factories are the Upmann, Villa Clara, Pinar del Rio (this is where they have farmed out Vegas Robania production to), El Laguito, Partagas, and Romeo y Julietta. That being said, I have never had a problem with El Laguito--they in all likely hood are the pinnacle of cigar production anywhere in the world.