What's new

Beverage of the Night 1/22/06

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Good amount of malt, more than the hop flavor. An ok beer in my book. Probably wouldn't buy it again though.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/black-sheep-monty-pythons-holy-grail/5989/

Bottled - pasteurised.
Another fine addition to the Black Sheep Brewery range of premium bottled ales, our Holy Grail Bitter was specially commissioned to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Monty Python. It has a distinctive taste with plenty of fruity hops, and is full flavoured with a dry and refreshing bitterness.
Another fine addition to the Black Sheep Brewery range of premium bottled ales, our Holy Grail Bitter was specially commissioned to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Monty Python.

It has a distinctive taste with plenty of fruity hops, and is full flavoured with a dry and refreshing bitterness.
  • ABV 4.7%
  • 500ml bottl

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Weyerbacher Heresy

Very good imperial stout. Nice and oaky with smokey notes. Finishes with a slight alcohol taste.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/weyerbacher-heresy/36378/
This incredibly intriguing Stout is made by aging our Old Heathen to perfection in Oak barrels that were used to age bourbon. Notes of Oak, whiskey, and vanilla meld beautifully with the roastiness of our Imperial Stout.

This incredibly intriguing Imperial Stout is made by aging our Old Heathen in some very famous Oak barrels that were used for aging bourbon! What do we have when we are done? A stout whose very essence has been enhanced. A stout whose complexity has been increased. A stout with notes of Oak, whiskey and vanilla melding together to create a new sensation. Have we gone too far this time? We don't think so. Heresy is a step above and a leap beyond the extraordinary. Taste it and see what everyone is talking about. 8.0% ABV

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Nothing special. Right now we have some of Jimmy Buffet's gold tequila and "On the Border" sugar free mix. Usually we use Jimmy's mix too.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
In a restaurant...on the rocks with extra salt

At home...on the rocks without salt. I can't ever seem to get it right and the salt falling everywhere just ticks me off.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
They sell that special container for the salt. I am a beer guy myself, you guys know that. I need to branch out more.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah, I've got one of those...the container looks like a mexican hat! filled with salt, wet the rim of the glass and push the glass around in the container...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
AZsteelman said:
Yeah, I've got one of those...the container looks like a mexican hat! filled with salt, wet the rim of the glass and push the glass around in the container...
Yep :thumbsup: