Beverage of the Night 2/19/06

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
American Amber by Rogue

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/rogue-american-amber/579/

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Tawny amber in color with a coffee aroma and tight head. A delicate roasted malt accent, generous use of hops and a smooth finish. American Amber, originally known as Ashland Amber (created at Rogue's original brewpub in Ashland, Oregon which was destroyed by flooding several years ago), is created from Northwest Harrington and Klages, 95-115 and 135-165 Crystal Malts. Kent Golding and Cascade Hops. American Amber is available in a 22-ounce bottle, 12-ounce 6-pack (new for 2005), and on draft.

Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 53, Apparent Attenuation 73, Lovibond 33.
No Chemicals, Additives, or Preservatives

Sea Otter Amber is a special 2001 bottling (22 ounce) of Rogue's American Amber Ale. Enjoy this spicy, playful ale with a distinct character. Brewed in the Oregon Coast to the highest standards. A portion of the proceeds of the sale of this ale supports the Oregon Coast Aquarium and its mission to expand our understanding of the oceans. For info on the OCA (OCA is where Free Willy, aka Keiko, was rehabilitated before his return to Icelan
[/FONT]

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic bloody mary, with smirnoff. Although, I am not sure that if counts as "Beverage of the night", since I have been drinking them since 11:00 am.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I never tried a BM. I really have no interest to. Look at Todd jumping in on the BotN.

I had a great bottle of wine on Vday. Although you guys know my heart is always with beer.