What's new

Bevrage of the Night 2/27/06

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Last night was Jinro- a Korean beverage. I am scared of tonight. Wednesday is a National Holiday in Korea so my host is taking my out for a night of traditional Korean food and drinking. I hope I can survive.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
well it turns out the plans changed, the four of us only drank 2 bottles of a shiraz cabernet. Instead of traditional Korean food, they secretary was allowed to pick the food for the night. They all agreed, without my knowledge, that my digestive system needed something it was used to so we went to a "western style retuarant". 90% of the food did not resemble anything that I typically see in an American restuarant.

After dinner, my co-worker from Taiwan gave me a can of beer from Taiwan. It was beer.

Jelly Fish tentacles- interesting flavor and texture- not American!

Sight seeing in Seoul tomorrow afternoon, maybe some drinking to follow :bottle: :bottle:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Richard, that seems like some interesting stuff

Johnny, those all sound pretty good on ratebeer.com

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
geckoheart said:
Last night was Jinro- a Korean beverage. I am scared of tonight. Wednesday is a National Holiday in Korea so my host is taking my out for a night of traditional Korean food and drinking. I hope I can survive.
Well, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there unless you're Korean, then it's a korean-eat-dog world out there.

Glennlivet 18 for me.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
geoffrie said:
Well, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there unless you're Korean, then it's a korean-eat-dog world out there.

Glennlivet 18 for me.
:rofl: :smokingme

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
djs134 said:
Graham's 10 yr Tawny Port

Hey Richard, watch out for the Korean Jungle Juice... it DOES contain phenobarbital! Trust me.
Korean Jungle juice- I am not sure what that is.

Last night we had 2 bottles of Jinro and a liquour/wine made from cranberries. The Jinro was good once again.

Tonight- 3 of us shared 2 bottles of of a liquor/wine made from crab apples. That was some good stuff.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Ah, see? That's what you get for running with a higher class of people in Korea, you don't get to see (or drink) the seedy underside!