What's new

Beyond the Forum...

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The idea of an online forum is an odd concept to grasp. When you first approach it the thought of connecting with a bunch of people in cyberspace with the sole motivation of discussing a single topic(cigars) seems a little strange. At least it did to me when I first joined a cigar forum close to 3 months ago. Keep in mind I had never been involved with any other forum or online community. No Facebook, no online gaming and no blogs...

The most exciting surprise and my favorite part so far has been getting to meet up with several of the brothers in person. The forum is great and the knowledge shared is huge! But the human experience of meeting up with guys that share a passion and getting to enjoy it together in person is for me big the payoff here.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on this forum and in person with some brothers that I've met. I look forward to continuing to be an active member and want to thank everybody that comes together to make this place so awesome!

Peace! I'm out.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Couldn't agree more! I don't do much else online...never any forums or facebook. So this was a big change for me as well. But I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and can't see myself growing tired of it. I think I big part of it too is not having many friends that are into cigars, so you really need to have others to converse with about them.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
That's really cool. I had a buddy who moved to HK to work for British Telecom and I never got to take him up on the offer to visit. Now with the kid I'm really kicking myself for not going when I had the chance.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Agreed 100%!

Although I have not been able to partake in the classic Socal Beach Herf due to my work schedule, it is always a blast to meet up with fellow Brothers.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Agreed 100%!

Although I have not been able to partake in the classic Socal Beach Herf due to my work schedule, it is always a blast to meet up with fellow Brothers.
Are you coming out this Saturday? If so, we could carpool. I live in Moorpark and have to drive right by West Hills to get downtown.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
It really is fascinating isn't it? Through this board alone I've met two of my closest friends I have today. On top of that I've met many other great people from here, and other groups, when I'm traveling for work. It really is crazy the brotherhood and bonds that's generated over some dead plant life :D