What's new

big sis is looking out for ME!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
and the rest of us midwesterners! thank you so much. and for those that don't know. in case of earthquake.......
In an event called the “Great Central U.S. Shake Out,” Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Education Secretary Arne Duncan are reaching out to areas in the Midwest that could be impacted by an earthquake along the New Madrid fault line.

According to the event’s website, more than 2.5 million people have committed to taking part in Thursday’s drill in which participants will be told how to react in the event of an earthquake.

Participants are told to drop to the ground, take cover under something sturdy, such as a desk or a table, and hold on to it until the shaking stops.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Not really sure what there is to laugh about here... If you don't live under a rock then you may have heard about Haiti, Chile, Japan, and New Zealand; shit ain't no joke. Earthquake preparedness is important and saves lives.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I got an email about this at work from the HR Dept. saying how we're participating. Sent to all employees. I just rolled my eyes, hello we're in MS!!