What's new

Biggest cigar loss

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Not me, but I recently read a BOTL ordered $20K in Cubans, it was sent in two separate packages, one got seized, and now the seller won’t guarantee the loss of $9500 on the loss of one getting seized. Damn.
If it is who I think you are talking about the vendor finally got back to him and offered store credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Surprised a vendor would ship that kind of $ amount in any one parcel. I worry about a couple of $200 boxes being combined in a single shipment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised a vendor would ship that kind of $ amount in any one parcel. I worry about a couple of $200 boxes being combined in a single shipment.
Yeah. Seems common sense and maybe I’m wrong, but I’d split that up into several boxes and even a few days apart. I’ve only had one box seized in 20 years... haven’t ordered since my break though. Planning on 3-4 boxes around end of the year. Figuring out what to get this time...

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Twain

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Escapethefam I had my first box seized and no problems since. I'm wondering if I'll have a problem now that my addy has changed?
I took years off and been back into cigars for about 5 months now so haven’t ordered any other than NC yet... so for me, was 2002-2009 and actually, I’ve never had one seized. I was thinking of my buddy who had one seized only. We were splitting the box, I realized never for me. I don’t think it’s that high on their priority list post 9/11. They’ve got more important stuff to look for. I’m guessing it’s random searches but I’m no expert and no clue as to if anything’s changed except my own guesses.

As far as your address... I never saw an issue with same address in the past. Friends got their boxes just fine after a seize but maybe they’ve updated things since... sure hope not.
New address can’t hurt at the least ...
I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Twain

Last edited:

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
My wife moved some stuff out to the back garage and I didn’t know about it. It ended up being a box of Tat J21 (full and unopened) and a half a box of “OR” 09 Noella Reservas. They were out there for over a year before I stumbled on them. She also moved my desktop out there, but it was only there for a couple/ few months. Still trying to revive those, we’ll see how that goes. They didn’t so dried out they wrinkled so there might be a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
My wife moved some stuff out to the back garage and I didn’t know about it. It ended up being a box of Tat J21 (full and unopened) and a half a box of “OR” 09 Noella Reservas. They were out there for over a year before I stumbled on them. She also moved my desktop out there, but it was only there for a couple/ few months. Still trying to revive those, we’ll see how that goes. They didn’t so dried out they wrinkled so there might be a chance.
There is no amount of marital counselling that could possibly save your marriage...