What's new

"Biggest Death"

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
what was the "biggest" (if thats the right word) death in history. I dont mean Christ for those of us who are religious. I mean more like a celebrity, politician, or any other famous person. From what I can remember, without a doubt, it was Princess Diana.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i would say lincoln, abraham lincoln.

the fact that it's still a part of american history, after all these years, or at least until obama puts a tax on that page in the history books, says something. everyone knows who killed him, or shot him that is.

will princess di be in the history books in 100 years? maybe in england, but doubtful in america

so the fact that the US has way, way, way more students than england means it's more "popular" and it's in more books, until obama creates a book czar that taxes pages of books above page 15.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
but i'll agree that princess di was a BIG deal, worldwide, and she had credibility. jackson ended up being a freak

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
bradley james nowell the lead singer of Sublime for me.. i was a huge sublime fan. and still am.. but i would have to agree with diana also i remember it perfectly

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
i think that MJ is already a bigger deal than elvis. but for worldwide mourning, Dianas death FAR outweighed either of the singers.
Waite 30 years and see if thousands of people show up at his house every year on his birthday to attend a candle light vigel (?). I dint know how many people have ever seen this, but every year at Graceland, thousands of people show up for one

if we are talking about modern history it had to Princess Diana

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Waite 30 years and see if thousands of people show up at his house every year on his birthday to attend a candle light vigel (?). I dint know how many people have ever seen this, but every year at Graceland, thousands of people show up for one

if we are talking about modern history it had to Princess Diana
You just might see that Openedstraight!!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
what was the "biggest" (if thats the right word) death in history. I dont mean Christ for those of us who are religious. I mean more like a celebrity, politician, or any other famous person. From what I can remember, without a doubt, it was Princess Diana.
Ron I think that's an impossible question to answer simply because it depends on who you talk to and who they were "into." Now I'd assume someone can put a financial twist on things and see who's death caused the larger financial twist. Diana, MJ, Elvis, JFK, Lincoln...how the heck do you quantify any against each other?

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I think that discounting JFK as a US only thing is taking things a little light. I think that one changed the entire world in more ways then any of us will ever understand. The leader of of the most powerfull country in the world at the begining of worldwide bradcast changed everything.