What's new

Bittersweet news.....

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
As a union electrician, I generally understand the relatively transient nature of our trade. However I've been very fortunate, and have been able to work exclusively close(ish) to home thus far.
However, the work outlook in my local is less than sunny. Such is the nature of the beast I suppose.
Which is why, I've accepted a dispatch to go build a Facebook data center in Prineville, Oregon. For those not familiar with my state, the jobsite is about 3 1/2 hours drive from my house. In addition to this, the project is currently running on a 6 10s schedule. End result: Money: good, separation from my wife, son and daughter: bad.
I guess the point of this post is:
If we're trading, passing etc., I'm sorry for the delay, but I'll only be able to ship once a week, or so, when my wife comes to visit. I am taking the wine-a-dor with me, so I'll still have some sanity.
If I'm slow to respond to p.m's, or post, I'm also sorry. I'm assuming that ten hours in the ditch, in the snow is gonna leave me a little spent.
I know I haven't been a member here long, but I've made a concerted effort to be active in the community, and if this lessens in the coming months, have no fear, I'll be home and dropping bombs on unsuspecting fools in no time.
-Dude
{vent complete. thanks.}

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Umm, I'm happy for you? Or, sorry to hear? Uhhh...

Seriously though, start thinking now of ways to make the times you have with your wife special, romantic. That will help lessen the loneliness for you both when you're apart.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Dude, do what you gotta do; we will be here waitin for ya!

Do your thing and do it well!

Let us know what you need and when you need it!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
In this economic climate we're in....I'm all for a congratulations here....so confide in the fact you're gainfully employed, and cherish the time spent with your family. Hopefully the latter will become more frequent for you here shortly...

Burn a good one and count your blessings amigo! ;)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
In this economic climate we're in....I'm all for a congratulations here....so confide in the fact you're gainfully employed, and cherish the time spent with your family. Hopefully the latter will become more frequent for you here shortly...

Burn a good one and count your blessings amigo! ;)
Ditto ... although it sucks, at the same time a job is something to be very happy about these days! I'm glad the wife is coming for a visit, that will be great.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm also union electrician and my local has over 600 journeyman and about 50 apprentice's out of work. So congrats on landing a job! Hopefully work picks up and you can get back home soon! Good luck Brother