What's new

Blackberry messenger

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I use it, Faster, somewhat easier to transfer pics and other data. It works like an online chat room, you can see when the other person has received your message, and then see when they have read it. Its pretty cool.
Why don't you [ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23"]stop by and introduce yourself?[/ame]

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
On another note, I joined the messenger group for a couple days. It slowed down my phone so much that I had to take it back off. I'm on a BB 8900 w/ OS 5.0. Should be fast enough but I guess not :dunno:

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
On another note, I joined the messenger group for a couple days. It slowed down my phone so much that I had to take it back off. I'm on a BB 8900 w/ OS 5.0. Should be fast enough but I guess not :dunno:

I have the same phone. We've experienced that at times and it does not appear to be a phone issue. It's a chat room issue. We created a fresh chat room and voila, all the slowdowns were gone. Oh and the initial load does take a few hours to sych up, so it does drag. It pulls in a lot of stuff apparently. Once that's done, it should be fine.

Last edited:

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Couple weeks ago. We're not having any laggy issues like before. Like I said, that first few hours of loading can be rough. Maybe try it again in the evening and let it do its' thing overnight.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
As an optimistic note, I am Beta testing the new version of BBM and I have had not issue with slowness like I did before. Seems the current version has serious memory and processor usage issues..