What's new

Blazer PB207?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
How many of you guys own or have used one of these lighters? I'm thinking of buying one, but they're fairly expensive. So far, I have two Colibris that came free with cigar orders (one is lousy, the other's not bad) and a few cheapo Ronsons. The problem is that none of these hold a lot of butane, nor do they have a fuel window to warn me when the lighter is running low. The Blazer seems like the answer to both problems, but I'm hesitant to drop $40 on a lighter. However, if they're as good as some people say, it's probably a worthwhile investment. Any opinions?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Good question.

I'im in the market for a good torch lighter as matches aren't always the best choice; i.e. on windy days when out of doors.

I've always had trouble refilling any butane torches. can't seem to get them to work after i fill them, then again, i dont' believe i ever had one that cost more than $10. Maybe i just need to drop a few more dimes on one.

One with a sight glass would be perfect for me.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I've got two of the CG-001 and absolutely love them when I want a torch. I generally use a soft flame lighter as I prefer that, but when I need a torch, those are tops. The Blazers have a ton of fuel they can hold, you can see in the tanks, of course the wind proof thing is BS on all torches. IMHO, I'd go with the CG-001 simply because of the lid vs the chain cap thing which to me seems like a pain in the arse and I like the the variety of colors and the case covering the fuel tank. Plus, you can get them for about $30!

CLICKY

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I've always had trouble refilling any butane torches. can't seem to get them to work after i fill them
95% of the time at the lounge when someone has a torch that doesn't work, all you need to do is blow out the top of the lighter with a little compressed air and purge the tank to get rid of any impurities that may be in there. Basically fill the tank, take a small straight screwdriver and release ALL THE FUEL then refill. You should be good to go!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I've got two of the CG-001 and absolutely love them when I want a torch. I generally use a soft flame lighter as I prefer that, but when I need a torch, those are tops. The Blazers have a ton of fuel they can hold, you can see in the tanks, of course the wind proof thing is BS on all torches. IMHO, I'd go with the CG-001 simply because of the lid vs the chain cap thing which to me seems like a pain in the arse and I like the the variety of colors and the case covering the fuel tank. Plus, you can get them for about $30!

CLICKY
Thanks for the suggestion! That looks much easier to carry around, and it's cheaper too.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
95% of the time at the lounge when someone has a torch that doesn't work, all you need to do is blow out the top of the lighter with a little compressed air and purge the tank to get rid of any impurities that may be in there. Basically fill the tank, take a small straight screwdriver and release ALL THE FUEL then refill. You should be good to go!
Yeah, when my lighters run out of fuel, there's still a lot of compressed air in the tank that has to be bled out.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
And don't use cheap fuel. Main reason for lighter failure. Ronson.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Yeah, when my lighters run out of fuel, there's still a lot of compressed air in the tank that has to be bled out.

That would explain why they never seem to take in any more fuel when i'm trying to refill them. :thinkidea

I love this place!!!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Thanks for the tip.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have 2 PB-207's and love them. They are great. Been going strong for 2 years. They are great torch lighters.
I just bought a Xikar Exodus for $38.00 online. It has a soft flame but still burns butane. So far I love it as well, plus it has a lifetime warranty from Xikar. So for $38.00 it should last a lifetime! Not bad dropping $38.00 for a lighter if it will be guaranteed for life, Xikar is a great company. 9plus you get a leather pouch for it when you register it)

Ditto on the fuel, I only use Vector in my lighters. I had 2 Colibris in the past and they both sucked big time.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those Blazers USED to be the standard. However, in recent years, I and a number of my friends have found them either to be defective fro the get-go or to crap out within a short period of time. Either their quality or their quality control doesn't seem to be what it used to be, and I won't buy another.

My Xtend has a surprisingly large fuel supply for its size.

Besides purging the tank and using fuel that's been refined a minimum of 3 times, I find that this helps a lot: After purging and turning the flame adjuster down to the minimum setting, put both the can of butane and the lighter in your freezer for 15-20 minutes. Then fill the lighter. Then make sure you let the lighter return to room temperature before lighting. I find this gets more fuel into the tank.