What's new

Blend per Vitola

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You ever decide on vitola per blend, or blend per vitola?

Here's two examples:

When I smoldered my first snippet of Pelo de Oro my first impression was that this mild and floral leaf deserved big smoke volume to shine at its best. So I dug out the marvelous 50rg Churchill mold that I scored years ago from Maks the Serbian farmer. Hadn't used that mold in I dunno how long. Thought it performed just right:

The dry and mellow quality of this Dominican gem billows out just right from the first puff.

On the other hand, last Winter, when I rolled batches of Nicaraguan Esteli, I purposely stuffed that dense and murky baccy into a wonderful mold I scored off Don, which I named the Delicado shape:

The long and narrowly tapered end of this shape introduces you to the rich flavor gradually. As you get used to its potency, the smoke volume gradually increases, until you are full into the mood.

I've bought Nic fatties in the past that wanted to kick my behind. The Delicado vitola wouldn't do that. I've rolled mild Dominican coronas in the past that wanted to underwhelm me. A robusto from Maks' mold wouldn't do that.

You torcedoritos likewise ever tailor your vitola to your baccy?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You ever decide on vitola per blend, or blend per vitola?

Here's two examples:

When I smoldered my first snippet of Pelo de Oro my first impression was that this mild and floral leaf deserved big smoke volume to shine at its best. So I dug out the marvelous 50rg Churchill mold that I scored years ago from Maks the Serbian farmer. Hadn't used that mold in I dunno how long. Thought it performed just right:

The dry and mellow quality of this Dominican gem billows out just right from the first puff.

On the other hand, last Winter, when I rolled batches of Nicaraguan Esteli, I purposely stuffed that dense and murky baccy into a wonderful mold I scored off Don, which I named the Delicado shape:

View attachment 152286

The long and narrowly tapered end of this shape introduces you to the rich flavor gradually. As you get used to its potency, the smoke volume gradually increases, until you are full into the mood.

I've bought Nic fatties in the past that wanted to kick my behind. The Delicado vitola wouldn't do that. I've rolled mild Dominican coronas in the past that wanted to underwhelm me. A robusto from Maks' mold wouldn't do that.

You torcedoritos likewise ever tailor your vitola to your baccy?
Pretty sure he's Slovenian; and yeah, I tailor the vitolas to the blends.