What's new

Blind reviews - April 2012 - Cigar C

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I was smoking this cigar late at night while putting together my new gas grill before Dark Lord Day so this will be a very short review due to my mind elsewhere.

1st – Holy pepper! On my lips & entire mouth…this died down kinda quick and them was more of a spicy smoke…1st thought was a Tat, no doubt. Stayed that way for the first half and the burn and smoke was perfect.

2nd – The draw tighten up a lot and I got a woody taste. It got very tight as I used a bunch and I had to poke it and that helped a lot. Towards the end of the 2nd I had to poke again to help the draw. The burn was still good.

3rd - - Still got the spicy wood flavors then got bitter, I purged and poked it (again) and the draw was better. The wrapper split but didn’t bother me.

Overall this was a great smoke. I probably could have smoked it while I was relaxing and doing anything but I figured “hey, it’s Friday night and I’ll be in the garage working…why not have a smoke!” Like some others have mentioned…I am thinking Tat or Pepin made cigar. I liked it a lot. My favorite so far.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Lancero
7x38
Prelight inspection and draw:milk chocolate color, medium sized veins, slight pepper on the cold draw. Cigar seems loosely packed.
1st)Starts off with a pretty big pepper blast with woody undertones(not quite cedar). Quickly mellows and the pepper is all gone. Left with a sweet floral note, that same woody undertone and leather. Loads of smoke that's almost think enough to chew.
2nd)The sweetness is starting to ramp up even more, woody notes and leather are also backing off, but still there slightly. I'm really wishing that pepper would come back at this point. I'm starting to get bitterness at the middle point. If I slow down puffing, it's goes out. Bitterness is ramping up at the end of the second third.
3rd) I get right in and the thing goes out like a light. I'm not relighting. I don't see the bitterness going away. I Notice it's tunneling pretty bad at this point.
Conclusion: The first third started off very good. I think this may have been much too wet ( or just that loosely rolled). Maybe I should invest in a good digital Hygro? I think so.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Gentlemen... Seemed as though everyone liked at least a little bit of it, so that's a success in my book.

Those were Oliva V's from a box I picked up in late 09 or early 10.

Excellent reviews all around and a big grats to ATL and CATeacher for pegging it right on the nose! PM me your addys and I'll get a couple "attaboy" 5'ers out to ya for nailing it...

Also, a big kudos to Neil who guessed that you guys would put your money on Tats and/or Pepins!!!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Gentlemen... Seemed as though everyone liked at least a little bit of it, so that's a success in my book.

Excellent reviews all around and a big grats to ATL and CATeacher for pegging it right on the nose! PM me your addys and I'll get a couple "attaboy" 5'ers out to ya for nailing it...

Also, a big kudos to Neil who guessed that you guys would put your money on Tats and/or Pepins!!!
Interesting. That pepper blast at the beginning threw me off! Great cigar though and it just makes me like the V line even more now. Thanks again for putting this together, guys. It's been an eye opening experience for me!

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0

Mr. Max!
Thanks for helping out and getting these great cigars to the test group

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Wow.Oliva V lances. Not what I expexted? Maybe the band and price of a cigar do influence ones taste. Great job on the Bind reviews!