What's new

Blind Reviews Thread

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I'm enjoying your reviews, 3/5King!
Thank you Oside, I plan on keeping them churning out as long as I have them (unband) to do, when I don't have any blinds to do, I plan to fill the gaps with any and every cigar I have. It's just too much fun and I find a lot more enjoyment in the cigars themselves.
thats why i signed up for PSJCs blind reviews. Makes you take the time to focus on the flavor and the cigar more!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Thank you Oside, I plan on keeping them churning out as long as I have them (unband) to do, when I don't have any blinds to do, I plan to fill the gaps with any and every cigar I have. It's just too much fun and I find a lot more enjoyment in the cigars themselves.
thats why i signed up for PSJCs blind reviews. Makes you take the time to focus on the flavor and the cigar more!
Yes sir. It's a whole other level of experience . Can't wait to read them Ryan.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Yes sir. It's a whole other level of experience . Can't wait to read them Ryan.
+1 looking forward to reading them.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
10:15am
With thanks to Jim C

Expected Vitola
5 3/4 x 50 robusto

Extremely thin, milky caramel wrapper. Looks like you could sneeze and it'd blow right off. Soft and smooth with some prominent veins wrinkling the tobacco. I usually see this on CC wrappers.

Double capped.

The smell brings a visualization of this cigar resting for a good nap in a smooth cedar box. Light tobacco and a distant cedar aroma.

Same through the foot on the pre lit draw. I feel like I'm getting ready to listen to a B side track of a band I didn't really like to begin with...but then I'd be judging a book by its cover and I don't like to do that.

The draw is loose and airy, like sucking through a milkshake straw. There's some strength in the beginning as I thought this might be Habano filler. There's a little sweetness on the tongue after the draw, peanuts in the background if I try real hard.. Like remembering someone you only glanced at in passing. It's a very mild flavored cigar. It does have a peppery retro hale mixed with a side of harsh. There's some grassy flavors dropping in here and there. Burn line is working it's way through the tear like a champ. (It had a little wrapper damage from handling and travel, so I don't hold it against the wrapper) There's some good smoke production off the draw but resting, it just simmers.

There's a little bit of creaminess coming in through the middle. This B side ain't so bad. It seems familiar although I don't ever smoke conny wrappers. The flavors don't hang around on the tongue long but I can taste the tobacco when I lick my lips. Strength is medium and the body is minimal. This cigar actually has more strength than I anticipated.

The body is actually opening up, surprisingly and a richness is coming about. A little sweet, a little cream with a harsh retro. Burn line is perfect. There's a little bit of spice tingling the top of my mouth and backside of my lips.

Fina third....let the games begin. The ash is a peppered gray and black, it holds on like the last leaf of Autumn. The smoke stays cool as a cat. There are some flavors I can't yet describe but they're clean. The best I can describe is....I can't lol. The profile has stayed true the whole length, with a building richness and a slight spice on the end of the final third. Augh ha! It kinda reminds me of the filling in a cannoli...hahahaha

You have to take it easy on the draw and watch your back on the retro because this cigar will burn you up like wasabi on a pea.

Well there's a little complexity to this smoke, middle of the road medium on the strength and a retro that will knock your socks off, fold them and neatly tuck them right up your ass if your not careful. The end finishes medium body.

Smoke time: 1hr

Score: 83/100

REVEALED AS: Famous Exclusive Sucker Punch

*I use a cigar rating sheet found online and while the taste might be a delight and definitely worth smoking, the overall score takes more than that into consideration. I refer you to the actual review to get a feel for what I think about the flavors and enjoyability of the cigar.

**These one off blind reviews are for a snap shot of this cigar; a fun way to share with you my initial impression of a smoke I know nothing about and (possibly) have never tried before. This review, in no way reflects a professional opinion. That would require more stringent guidelines and the smoking of more than one cigar per review. Although I will always try to be as professional and thorough as possible.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This thread is really cool. A lot of times when I grab random sticks from b&m s ill smoke them before I read or ask about them and see what I pick up compared to others. I don't really have enough knowledge of sticks or have enough memorized yet to sway my thoughts.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Man I love the Idea of this, I am new to the site, but I would like to give it a try. Ill do a trade and send my end first if I can participate. PM me if interested.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ll be coming back to this thread in a couple months once I’ve learned a bit and earned my keep and hopefully it come back to life!