What's new

Blue label - Don Pepin

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have smoked almost 2 dozen boxes over the past 2 years. Yes the blue wrapper is somewhat fragile, but they have to be stored properly. The main issue is the relative humidity. If you store them over 67%, they are going crack all the time. If you store them between 60% - 65% you will not see a lot of cracking. I actually try to keep my humidors at 63%.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I have had wrapper problems galore with these, especially in the Lancero. I tried to smoke three lanceros in a row that were miserable before I gave up. I don't like to have to baby a wrapper and constantly worry about it blowing up, personally I think these are constructed poorly. I will admit that the newer cabinet series with the new label seems to be a bit better.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have smoked almost 2 dozen boxes over the past 2 years. Yes the blue wrapper is somewhat fragile, but they have to be stored properly. The main issue is the relative humidity. If you store them over 67%, they are going crack all the time. If you store them between 60% - 65% you will not see a lot of cracking. I actually try to keep my humidors at 63%.
Ding Ding Ding. I have had no wrapper issues and keep all my cigars at 65%. Well I lie I have dropped cigars before but that's not their fault I'm a clumsy ass.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Gosh I never thought to keep my cigars at 65%:innocent:.

The problem I found was simply care. I had to be more careful with the Centurians than other cigars. The wrapper was a bit more fragile than my "other" smokes.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have to agree with 'nino on this, I am not much of a fan of this stick. I used to love the things, but they are so boring now. I can pick out any other Pepin with the exception ofthis and the ELDLH label and be happy as a clam.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I love the blues and have never had a wrapper problem with them. Then again I don't go rolling them off the table. Perhaps you should stick to box press.:eyepoke:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I dont remember a problem witht he blues. I have a few boxes of the lanceros and love them. Had issues with the Blacks and like I said if not careful it was easy to tea or split the Centurian.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a holiday lunch outing at a cigar bar with two other co-workers today. I brought a cigar caddy full of of cigars, and chose a Diplo #2 for each of them. I picked out a Pepin Blue Toro for myself and loved it, never once regretted passing on the other Diplo.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but the Blues have never given me a hint of a problem.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just learned yesterday that I have been pronouncing Pepin wrong all these years,,,,I say Pep--in and when I was watching a video about him he says it,,,Pep-een. Now I feel like a complete dooshbag as I had actually talked with the man before at some instore herfs but he never corrected me. I know that feeling because my last name is always screwed up when people try to pronounce mine,,,guess he just gets tired of correcting.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just learned yesterday that I have been pronouncing Pepin wrong all these years,,,,I say Pep--in and when I was watching a video about him he says it,,,Pep-een. Now I feel like a complete dooshbag as I had actually talked with the man before at some instore herfs but he never corrected me. I know that feeling because my last name is always screwed up when people try to pronounce mine,,,guess he just gets tired of correcting.
Don't feel bad, I mispronounced it for about 1 1/2 years. If you think that's bad, you would love how I use to pronounce Tatuaje (ta 2 a hey)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
"Don't feel bad, I mispronounced it for about 1 1/2 years. If you think that's bad, you would love how I use to pronounce Tatuaje (ta 2 a hey)"

I got tired of being made fun of when I tried to say it, so now I just point.