What's new

BMW vs Audi vs Cadillac?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm trying to help my dad decide between the Audi S5, BMW 6 series convertible, and Cadillac CTS-V. Does anybody own any of the above or have any opinions about any of the three? I'm leaning towards the BMW because I think its just about the sexiest car on the road right now. Any input would be appreciated because the quicker he decides the quicker I can take ownership of his S4.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I think you need to decide what you want.

HP:
1. Cadillac
2. BMW
3. Audi

Looks:
1. Audi
2. BMW
3. Cadillac

Fuel Economy:
1. Audi
2. BMW
3. Cadillac

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Answer: Lexus
Best customer satisfaction, reliability, fuel economy, lower cost to own, etc. The only thing the Lexus might be lacking in is true power-performance (like if you're going to race or drive winding curves at very high speeds). If you need a real performance master, then I'd go with the BMW. I'll bet the BMWs have better resale value as well.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well the Cadi CTS-V is the fastest sedan around Nürburgring.

Tell him to get a one or 2 year old Maserati GranTurismo S for about half price. Unique look and few of them around. BMW just look too bland IMO. Now an Audi R8 is another story and the S5 if alright.

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've been a BMW driver my whole life, but I will always go for the better car. What model 6 is he looking at?

Also think RWD or FWD, what is important to him. Has he driven all three models. If he wants a fun car I would say get an E46 M3.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well the Cadi CTS-V is the fastest sedan around Nürburgring.

Tell him to get a one or 2 year old Maserati GranTurismo S for about half price. Unique look and few of them around. BMW just look too bland IMO. Now an Audi R8 is another story and the S5 if alright.
Maserati are dead sexy and the rarity is nice. Of those listed I would go with the Caddy. Don't care at all for the 6 series BMW's. I much prefer the 3 and 5 series. Congrats to your pops for being stuck with such a 'hard' decision! :nodlaugh:

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Answer: Lexus
Best customer satisfaction, reliability, fuel economy, lower cost to own, etc. The only thing the Lexus might be lacking in is true power-performance (like if you're going to race or drive winding curves at very high speeds). If you need a real performance master, then I'd go with the BMW. I'll bet the BMWs have better resale value as well.
Here's your Lexus:
http://www.lexus.com/LFA/

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Your dad's lucky to have the choice. Right now for me it's between the Honda Civic and the Mazda 3, but don't know when I'll be able to swing it even at that level. And if I wait until after the first of the year, my car will cross the 100 K mark!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well apples to apples I say go for the A5 cabriolet :)
If price is no object(since the BMw is so much more) did he at least consider the new Benz E coupe??? Honestly the last on my list would be the CTS from personal experience, but if it matters the latest car and drive mag had a shootout between jagXR, cts-V and benzAMG and the AMG benz won.

Last edited:

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The 09 CTS-V is sick. I think it has 552 HP. Definitely the Caddy. Audi and VW always seem to have stupid electrical problems. BMW's are nice but cost of owning one can get pricey.

Ducati

Monster.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to help my dad decide between the Audi S5, BMW 6 series convertible, and Cadillac CTS-V. Does anybody own any of the above or have any opinions about any of the three? I'm leaning towards the BMW because I think its just about the sexiest car on the road right now. Any input would be appreciated because the quicker he decides the quicker I can take ownership of his S4.
Tough choice. The V packs serious punch in a mid-size sedan frame and I'm partial to Cadillac.

Granted, all three are sexy and the Germans produce excellent vehicles. I don't think he could go wrong with any of them, but my reasons for the V are:

1) Classy Cadillac look
2) Big power in a small-medium sedan frame
3) It has "sleeper" written all over it.

The Audi and BMW are gorgeous cars, however. The Audi's look is unmistakably classy and the 6 is - simply put - mean looking. However, if you took me to a lot and said I could pick one for free, it'd be the V.

Around my parts, you don't see many of them which makes the car more appealing to me.

I've had my Escalade for two years with zero major problems besides a burnt out window motor and a squeaky belt (your mileage may vary...). I've never owned a BMW or Audi so I can't speak to their reliability but the Caddy has been amazingly faithful. I had a Lincoln prior that had its transmission replaced after 8k miles.

Good luck!

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I had a BMW 6 series and I say if he is going to keep this car for more than a few years, then go with the Audi. The reason we got rid of the BMW was it was crazy expensive to get worked on.