What's new

BOA ebanking

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I got out of the National Bank, went with a home town, and a Regional Credit Union...
Better deals, better rates, and I'm not just a number to them ......

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I'm spoiled when it comes to banking. USAA baby. My wife has a PNC account and they're a pain in the ass from what I know about. I get 100% reimbursement on ATM fees up to like $20 a month. With a line of credit I can cash checks on my flat bed scanner in my own home, and the cash is available immediately. There are no regular fees, the international conversion fees are VERY LOW to non existant. I never really looked into the international fees but if they have them they were so low it was unnoticeable while I was traveling abroad. Then don't even get me started on the insurance..... :clap:

Now unless you're a veteran or one of your parents were your best bet I think would be a credit union.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
BOA wanted to charge $5.00 a month for savings because I would not sign up for automatic deposits into savings. I keep only what I need monthy for bills in BOA. Everything else goes to ING. Imagine that, $0.09 cents a month in interest and then a $5.00 charge for the pleasure of having a savings account. What a wonderful Idea, a savings account that depletes your savings every month. Thats the brain turst at BOA hard at work.
ING is happy to take my money and NOT charge any bullshit fees.
Same here. My BOA account is my "discretionary spending" acct. I keep it just to get cash when needed and for our local bills. Everything else is ING. G1

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have B of A and don't like them but I use them for my own reasons...I've managed to keep all of my services for free because I use their own system to benefit ME....it's like with any Bank and it's all about ensuring you use their resources to get what you want. My wife and I have triple A credit so we use the Banks money....meaning we sign up for their Credit Cards when they offer things like $200 or $300 cash back for signing up with them....we've receive 50,000 points for travel with one card...40,000 from another...one bank gave us 0% interest for 2 years with no annual fee....another bank credit card gives us 5% cash back on all charges...3 points for travel, 2 points for everything else.

We started doing this a few years ago and every vacation we've taken is FREE...we use their points to fly....we use Starwood and Marriott for free hotels...we've taken 2 cruises and our upcoming cruise is a 2 week Hawaiian Cruise in March...all FREE with points. It pays to use the banks money and give yourself FREE vacations....we use our cards to gain points by paying for everything with the credit card...pay it off every month and we end up getting about 6,000 points every month....( pay our mortgage, gas, utilities, food, restaurant,,,everything )

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Recently closed my accounts with BoA because of the new fees. They immediately sent me a check for my remaining 32 cents and disabled my online logins. Cool.

Two weeks later, my work e-sent a travel per diem check for $90 to my old BoA account. BoA not only didn't reject the $, they 'reactivated' my account and then deducted $12 in fees!!!!!
Took three emails and two phone calls before I got to someone 'authorized' to reverse the fees, REALLY close the account, and mail me another check. Maddening.
That exact think happened to me with BoA a few year ago. I didn't even know the money was there until i got a notice from BoA saying I OWED them nearly $300 in "insufficient funds in account" fees--my account had been reopened with a small auto-deposit an they were taking the fees every month for over two years! Bunch of bs. I made a stink and refused to leave the building until a manager talked to me, Whig is the only reason it wad fixed.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I worked at a local bank for 5 years. Most of my time was spent listening to new customers complain about national banks. I would concur with most of the people here and say credit union or local bank in conjunction with carrying cash is the best option.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Thanks for reviving this thread, anodor. I switched to Chase in February, and haven't looked back yet. The closest bank is 4 hours from my house, so the BoA rep was really confused when I told her Chase was more convenient. Their website and app access is great. Ditching Bank of America was one of the best feelings on my entire life.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Been with BOA for 23 years now, and I haven't been happy with them yet. I need a nationwide account since my job is based on travel.

I will admit, I do like their electronic side, it's actually quite extensive. But, if you have a choice, steer clear.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I only have a CC with them that was passed from whatever bank my College Alumni signed us up with. Haven't been happy with it since then and frankly would get rid of it except for the long history. Our money has been in multiple accounts including RBC Canada, RBC US, Wachovia->Wells Fargo, and as far back as Suntrust in high school. We really enjoyed RBC, the branch was great at helping us out and they offered free transfers back/to our Canadian RBC account. No other bank would allow us that without huge fees. Unfortunately, RBC US went online only and screwed us for a few weeks during the switch without access to our funds. Of course Wells Fargo sometimes won't send our BillPay or isn't accepted at some places, but won't notify us. They all have their problems, so it may be credit union for us in the future.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Why do you want a national bank? They are all about the fees and it's only a matter of time before BOA has more fees. Have you looked into a credit union? I've used a credit union for 8 years, have only had to go into a physical branch about 6 times and do all my banking online. I can use an ATM whenever I want.
+1 on the credit union. I've been banking with Pentagon Federal since I was 14 and they have bent over backwards for me as a customer

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Well it's a long thread and I only read the first few responses...... but I seem to disagree with most folks. I've been with BofA since 1996 and am extremely happy... love the 24/7 customer service department, international customer service help, and their e-banking is super easy and convenient.
We must have had different Bank of Americas. I could never get someone one the phone when I needed them, and their international caused me a headache every time I left the country.