Year: 1994
Size: 6" x 36
Price paid: $2.00
Mild bodied overall
Total smoke time: approx 1 hour
Wrapper / Binder / Filer - CT / Mex / DR
Construction - Very Good
Burn - Very good

Sorry sports fans ... if you were expecting a Habano review you're in the wrong room. This Bolivar was one of the JR 12 Days of Christmas specials. I actually missed out on the deal, but wound up buying the box from another CW member who didn't care for them after smoking one. You can tell from the yello cello that these are well-aged smokes. The wrapper is a bit rough looking, but had some sheen to it. Pre-light draw was good and had some nice cedary spice to it.

1st Third - Very easy to light this puppy. Easy draw with lots of smoke. Very mild at this point ... grassy but with a core of sweet cedar.

2nd Third - Nice even burn and light gray ash that holds on well. The strength picks up a little, but it's still in the mild range. The flavor is where it's at though ... still lots of sweet cedar and hints of chocolate.

3rd Third - Strenght is in the mild-medium range now. Flavors are still going great guns ... cedar, occasional chocolate and bits of nutmeg + cinnamon.

Overall an excellent tasting cigar. If you're looking for something to get you buzzed (even a little), this ain't it. But if you want a milder cigar with lots of flavor, then pick some of these up and give them a whirl. But, don't pay the regular JR prices for these ... wait for the 1/2 price sale.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds like a decent smoke for 2 bucks I have a box of the lonsdales I paid the same from jr's and got a free colibiri lighter. I've smoked one cigar and there a bit bland maybe I let them sit for 11 years and give them a try not a big investement so not to worried.