What's new

Bolivar Corona Extra ('09)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Noobie Review #2. Here's my second try at a review:

Smoke: Bolivar Corona Extra ('09)

Drink(s): Ron Zacapa 23yo Rum / Coke (changed half way through)

Prelight: Musty barnyard smell

1st Third: Light tobacco/hay taste with a slight spice at the tip of the tongue on the finish.

2nd Third: The hay flavor drops off and is now replaced with some honey and hints of nuttiness. I taste some cinnamon/nutmeg on the finish. The spice disappeared.

Final Third: The honey and nuttiness disappears and the flavors are back to what it was like on the first third. The bit spice on the finish reappears.

Smoke Time: 1:15

Final Thoughts: A med-light smoke. I think the rum overpowered the smoke and caused me not to like it as much as I thought I would. Even after switching to the Coke, I think it was too late. I have another one in the humi that I will have to revisit with water or root beer

Score: 8.3/10

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks. A friend told me they believe the cigar is still "sick". That may explain the less than stellar taste

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Typically, grass and hay notes denote youth in a cigar, brother... I think what you experienced just means that you need to lay them down.

Especially coming straight from NCCs, where most product is pre-aged before it hits retail shelves, you've gotta remember that 2 or 3 years isn't very long.

Thanks for the review!
Thanks for the tip! I'm really new to the whole CC thing (I can count how many I've had on two hands). Hell, I've only been really into cigars for the last 6 months

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you got most of the flavors though, try another one as first cigar with just water. might have a different experience!

thanks for your review.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I smoked one on Monday that had rested around 4 years and I was less than impressed. Not saying it was bad..
The 2008's that I had didn't overwelm me either.

Sad as this used to be my favorite Bolivar in their line up.:frown: