What's new

Bolivar Gold Medal

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
So, I was recently bombed yet again on another forum and included was a 2004 Bolivar Gold Medal.

It was visible in a pic of my humidor setup and was noticed by an admin and he was extremely eager to trade me for it.

Anyone ever have one of these (not necessarily as aged) and able to give a brief review?

His serious interest, plus the fact I added it to my inventory app's wishlist section back in 2010 for some reason, has really peaked my interest in learning a little about it.

Thanks,
Sean

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The 2004 is definitely more rare as it was a limited release, well before they became more regular production, which is why people would definitely want them. I'll defer to other people for a good review as it's been a long time since I've had one, but I've tried some from many boxes and I didn't think they were worth the money years ago, let alone now days. They seemed a little one dimensional and I'm a big Bolivar fan and thought these were just okay. Who knows, maybe years did these wonders?

But, you definitely have yourself a nice, rare cigar so I would not be trading that away and is well worth trying for yourself. Cheers
(I've never had the 04's so my opinion is just that, and of the regular release years from 07-10 or so)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
The 2004 is definitely more rare as it was a limited release, well before they became more regular production, which is why people would definitely want them. I'll defer to other people for a good review as it's been a long time since I've had one, but I've tried some from many boxes and I didn't think they were worth the money years ago, let alone now days. They seemed a little one dimensional and I'm a big Bolivar fan and thought these were just okay. Who knows, maybe years did these wonders?

But, you definitely have yourself a nice, rare cigar so I would not be trading that away and is well worth trying for yourself. Cheers
(I've never had the 04's so my opinion is just that, and of the regular release years from 07-10 or so)
Cool, thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I completely agree with Ryan down to never having the '04. I've got an '08 and '09 kicking around. Give me a few days and I'll spark up a review. Not that it will mean anything, but its a good excuse to smoke one.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The 2004 Bolivar Gold Medal is a rare cigar called the ‘Wolters’ release 5th Avenue Germany Dress box of 10 cigars in gold foil only (1,000 produced). Very tasty if you like Old Bolivars some of the flavors I get are milk chocolate, hazelnuts, cocoa, earth, caramel, cinnamon. A very rich and complex cigar. I would say the value is around $100 to $150 and that maybe a low estimate!