What's new

Bolivar...need help and some q's.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
First of all, i need some help in IDing this cigar. It is a Bolivar and had a gold leaf wrapper about that ended about 3/4 down. ring gauge was probably 46-47 maybe and it was about 7n inches long...any idea what this one was?

Also, I think it was plugged and it had some serious burn issues. It was strictly burning the wrapper on one side of it and t looked like there was no tobacco/filler in that side...like it was just a hole in it. I had a lot of trouble getting much smoke to come through it. What I did get was =delicious, but I think I got a dud. I ended up throwing it out just after the halfway point because I was getting no smoke and was just tired of fooling with it.

Any thoughts? Do they normally have serious burn issues?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Could be Bolivar Gold Medal. No issues with the couple I've smoked.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
dry boxing for a day or two might help the burn/draw issue, but it sounds like something was severely wrong with the construction. Another thing that might have helped - besides a draw poker - was cutting (below the burning coal) and relighting. Sometimes that can save a poorly burning smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bolivar GM is a stunning cigar, long thin and offering concentrated Boli power. This is full bodied and deserves a slow smoke. If you are not generally a slow smoker, this might be a great choice to entice you to try the slow smoke experience. These are readily available and as the come in 10ct, they are great candidates for small group buys.

I highly recommend these great cigars. Keep an eye out for AGO 07.

Cheers,
Drew P

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It is a GM...This is my LEAST favorite Bolivar and I think they are terrible personally. Very very muted flavors and not representative of the Bolivar brand IMO.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
The BGM was what got me into habanos. I was gifted one by a friend and they are by far the best bang for your buck out there. I have some 07s that are smoking great. You should definitely revisit them if you can.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Hate to say it, but perhaps this was not a genuine Boli?
Maybe even the giftee did not know.

There are a TON of fakes out there that are called knock-offs: Could have actually been made in Cuba, but still don't compare to an actual, factory rolled smoke.

Like many here have said, try to get another if you can, as they are great, consistently well made cigars.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
BGM is a good cigar, but I like plenty of Bolis better. From small to large, Corona Junior, Petite Corona, Corona, Corona Extra, Inmensas and Corona Gigante. Never care for BBF or Royal Corona.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Was it from me? I think I sent you one... Either way, sorry that happened. Out of the 10-15 BGMs I have smoked, I did have 2 or so that were plugged. It is a great smoke when it is on though.... lol

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
BGM are good imho but they NEED 4-5 years to bethat! I have smoked them when they was fresh 1-2 years and they are not god at all then! Buy a box and let it age!!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Not everyone has the time, means, desire, or whatever to age smokes or buy aged smokes. Hell, I'mm 55 years old now and I want to enjoy cigars while I can...that said, the 1-2 year old BGM's I have purchaed and smoked ( at least 5 boxes ), have been VERY good smokes.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So which one would you recommend?
In order: CE, BBf, RC, PC

If you want a regional Boli the Libertador France RE is awesome as well as the German Colosales when you can find them.

The CE from the cab is one of my favorites.