What's new

Bolivar PC vs. Bolivar CJ.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have smoked over a hundred Boli PCs and they are my favorite PC.
I smoked a couple CJs over a year ago and believe I may have passed over them.
Besides the PC being a little longer, what are the other differences? ... as in strength and flavor. ie: Which is stronger, which has more or better flavor?
I know I can get some great help from this gang here.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I like the CJ flavor more. It just seems a little more intense (although the size could the reason for that)
I know this word has been thrown around a lot but, I think the CJ has more "complexity" than the PC.
Both are great. The CJ is amazing with age (5 + years)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Kingston is all over it IMHO... CJ's are more complex in my eyes with the PC being a little more mellowed, the CJ's also rank a little higher in the body department IMHO :)

I say.... buy them both.... LOTS :twisted:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get both...junior is intense from the start...pc catches and passes the cjr at the 1/2 inch mark.both typical boli tastes...cjr coffee/chocolate etc. from the first puff(and some citrus/acidy tastes that dont show up in the pc)...pc strong chocolate/coffee that just builds and builds to the nub.

right now i am puffing my way through a '99 box of cjr's and a '98 cab of pc's...at this point the strength/flavours have not yet begun to wane/mellow.
both just get better and better with age.

strength...cjr...4.5/5 from the first puff
pc...4.5/5 at the 1/2 inch mark

derrek :smile:

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
budman has some magical boli cjs. earthy with just the rigth amouth of spice. very well balanced. he's got me hooked on them. I find the pc to be a real rocket :smt119

p.s. I'm really glad this thread had finally surplanted the one titled "nasal drip" atop the charts of this subforum :smt081

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them both also but have had some of the CJs that were very rich little smokes whose only downfall is that they didn't last longer. I'm woking on a box of CJs from July 03 that have dark wrappers and that richer than the PC flavor. YUM!

Barry

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like them both but the cj's have more of a nutty flavor and the pc's I have seem to have more of a kick but lesser in the flavor department.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
This is excellent timing for this thread. I just received the second Boli PC I have ever seen in a PIF today and I have three CJ's on the way on Monday. Thanks for all the info guys.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I personally prefer the PC over the CJ, but it's kind of like choosing between two candies that you love. They both are great cigars imho. I tend to agree with the assessment that the CJ are a little more complex, but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that makes me lean toward the PC. It could possibly be that the PC was my first habano, and I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks guys,
I knew I could get some good info here.
I am trying to track down a box of CJs with some age on it.
To date, I have seen an early 03... will continue looking.

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have had the 01, 02, 03 boli cj and all of them have been excellent if that information would be helpful.