CA rating: N/A
My rating: 74 (8/9/09)
Price: $ 25.00
Length: 4 9/10”
Ring gauge: 52
Size: Petit Belicoso
Color: Natural
Box: unknown

Now that the fiancée and the kids (Lexi and Luna) are finally here in Chicago with me I figured why not smoke something to celebrate the occasion. So with the release of the new Edicion Limitada’s I decided to go ahead and smoke one of my pre-releases and see how they perform early on. This Bolivar was an interesting looking short belicoso that I have been eyeballing in my humidor for the last month. It has a dark, veiny almost rough looking wrapper that contrasted well with the gold, yellow, and orange colors of the Bolivar marca. The ash was Navy grey, sturdy, and symmetrically stacked. This felt early on this cigar had been very well rolled, and I was nothing short of impressed by its structural example…early on. The draw was flawless, and as such allowed for a mouthful of thick smoke to coat my palate with each puff.

The burn was relatively even throughout. This cigar started out with such promise that I was starting to think I might be buying a boat load of these babies. The first third displayed a pure earthy core with hints of coffee beans, and I found it to be immensely pleasurable. The second third of the cigar began to display the cigars youth, and the core flavor began to become more bland and the coffee hints faded away. The final third of the cigar displayed areas of harshness that were disappointing, and left me a bad flavor on the palate to remember the cigar by. The construction also started to give way around the final third of the cigar as well, and I had to relight the cigar multiple times. I think this cigar has potential for the future, but right now they are definitely to youthful for my taste buds. I don’t know if I will be investing in a box of these cigars, but I will definitely get a handful of them to hold onto for the future.

Rating Distribution
App- 12 Ash- 8 Draw- 10 Burn- 8 F/B-13 Unq- 5 Smoke- 10 Fin- 8

Total- 74/100

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am dying to get my hands on the 2009 LEs ! Already making space for these, H.upmann Magnums and Trinidad T Robustos !

Thanks for the review

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
Thanks for the review, I have a box of these and have been eye balling them. I will definitely move them to the back of the humi and let them sleep for a while

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Bump... anyone have this stick lately? How are they tasting? Some reviews I have read said there have been hints of ammonia which is surprising to me considering all the tobacco was supposed to be aged 2 years already... but most everyone I have read said they are definitely young and need some rest.

Any recent experiences? I'm debating on a box and would love to hear some opinions... Just wondering if this box is worth getting over the regular Bolivar BF's?