What's new

Bolivar Petit Belicoso EL 2009 Pre-release

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Bump... anyone have this stick lately? How are they tasting? Some reviews I have read said there have been hints of ammonia which is surprising to me considering all the tobacco was supposed to be aged 2 years already... but most everyone I have read said they are definitely young and need some rest.

Any recent experiences? I'm debating on a box and would love to hear some opinions... Just wondering if this box is worth getting over the regular Bolivar BF's?
I had one and it was not good at all. They were very harsh, which is surprising since they are supposed to have been aged 2 years. Bolivar is one of my favorite marcas too. I wouldn't buy a box unless you can sit on them for a while.

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the review bro. Nevertheless, I still find myself not interested in trying this specific EL. I like the Bolivar marca and usually I am a sucker for edicion limitadas but %99 of the reviews are negative.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review and pics.

I'll admit Boli's are great sticks however, that price point for the size of the stick does give one pause.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Didn't I give you one to try?

Buy em.
Crap AJ, I know you were going to hand me a cigar but then put it back in your cigar caddy because I didn't have room for it right away. You told me to ask for it whenever I wanted and I forgot all about it. I could be wrong, but I don't think I ever got a cigar from you. But of course the whole trip went by so fast with so many cigars, rum, beer and cigars that I could be wrong, so please say so if I am. But I don't remember smoking this cigar and I don't have it...

But thanks though, it's my fault for not taking it right away!?! LOL :crytears:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
thanks for the review , Boli's are some of the cubans I've enjoyed most. I will hold off on tying to acquire one of these for a bit.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The Dukes are the real winners of 09's EL selection and the only ones great right outa the box... the Mag 48 was decent but I hate the length...
I hear you all about resting the Boli's, that's what I've been hearing so thanks. But I beg to differ about the Dukes being the only one ready right away as I thought the Mag 48's were pretty damn good. I agree the size kinda sucks, but it's still a great stick right now IMO.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
This EL definitely needs some rest. The Dukes are the real winners of 09's EL selection and the only ones great right outa the box... the Mag 48 was decent but I hate the length... and the Bolis taste like they were rolled yesterday (will try again in a year and likely again a year after that). To each his own... but I'd give these puppies a rest!
I smoked a duke recently and was not impressed at all, now that could be that I was smoking a behike and my friend was smoking the duke, and when he passed it to me all I could do was cringe, but....I like to think I've had better R+J's, that being said Ill have to revisit it sometime soon. I agree with you though the bolis are the opposite of ready to smoke now. Cheers!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found Boli’s to be very reasonably priced. The BBF is my go to stick when I am not sure what to smoke. I usually decide before the stick is done. I will have to say I was disappointed in the EL though and prefer the good old Beli Fino.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had 1 of these myself not so long ago. loved it!! will def be getting more to putaway :hearteyes
really like my CC boli's