What's new

Booker's Going to $99.99!!!!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well it appears Beam is going to try to cash in on the craze. Starting in February they are going to restrict Booker's from the current 6 or 7 batches of 350 barrels to 4 batches. The plan is for it to become an allocated and at a price of $99.99. That is double what is sitting on the shelves right now is selling for. One of my favorite bourbons BUT I will not be buying at this price. I am going to pick up a few bottles now while I can at just a bit under $50. The reason for this happening is that supply is low, Booker's has generally be on the lower end of the "premiums" and quite frankly Beam wants to cash in on the craze. So if you like Booker's you'd better stock up now or be prepared to pay double. The irony is it will probably sell much quicker at $100 a bottle than it does now just due to the folks that think price equals quality. Such a shame really. I can't think of a store I have been into that doesn't have a good stock of Booker's on the shelf. Appears that it will be going the way of the Weller's.... very hard to find and too expensive for what it is.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I'll be grabbing some for sure before it goes to that price! I've been nursing the bottle I scored from early 2015.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
What the crap?!? I still see in stock at basically all the stores here in Ohio, and we get almost nothing as far as htf bourbons. Unfortunately, here it is $60. Guess I'll break down and get some while I can.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I'm about an hour south of Dave but in GA and it runs around $60 for me. I was just in one of my locals tonight and they had several bottles on the shelf. I'll stop back in next week and grab one for me and one for @Tennessee Dave!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Well it appears Beam is going to try to cash in on the craze. Starting in February they are going to restrict Booker's from the current 6 or 7 batches of 350 barrels to 4 batches. The plan is for it to become an allocated and at a price of $99.99. That is double what is sitting on the shelves right now is selling for. One of my favorite bourbons BUT I will not be buying at this price. I am going to pick up a few bottles now while I can at just a bit under $50. The reason for this happening is that supply is low, Booker's has generally be on the lower end of the "premiums" and quite frankly Beam wants to cash in on the craze. So if you like Booker's you'd better stock up now or be prepared to pay double. The irony is it will probably sell much quicker at $100 a bottle than it does now just due to the folks that think price equals quality. Such a shame really. I can't think of a store I have been into that doesn't have a good stock of Booker's on the shelf. Appears that it will be going the way of the Weller's.... very hard to find and too expensive for what it is.
I remember when getting Weller's was a matter of driving down the hill and and paying $22 for a bottle. That was all of 3 years ago. I always had some at the house.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Honestly thank you for posting this. I'm half way home on a good solid dram. Put some water in it as the 65% is a bit much for me (I'm still a somewhat bourbon rookie). Maybe it's my greeness on bourbon but this is one of ghee best I've had. This is so good. Baking spices, cinnamon, almost like apple crisp and vanilla. This is just really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Not sure I really understand their reasoning for this price change... Booker's is good stuff but it just sits on the shelves here in SC at $55-$60 a bottle. At $100 a bottle, they have definitely lost me as a customer....

On a different note, the rumors of OGD 114 going away soon seem to be true.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been accumulating bottles of Bookers this past year. Trying to get every roundtable batch (need 2014-6 and 2013-6), older batches with the cryptic dates, and other milestone dates. Just picked up two of the "off your rocker" 2016-05 release. $60 in MI.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I've been accumulating bottles of Bookers this past year. Trying to get every roundtable batch (need 2014-6 and 2013-6), older batches with the cryptic dates, and other milestone dates. Just picked up two of the "off your rocker" 2016-05 release. $60 in MI.
I'll be at the drew estate event at Smokys on the 26th in Allen Park if you're around.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I went to my local today to get a bottle of rye for my sister and a bottle of Booker's as a Christmas present for a buddy. I walk back to the bourbon section and look up on the top shelf where there is always a box or two of Booker's. Today there were six of them. I reach up to the 8' shelf to decrease their stock to five. When I turn around, there is a stocky, wide eyed, older gentleman behind me, and he says, "Do you know..." So at least it sparked a pleasant 5 minute conversation with a stranger. I also found out it will be going to $120 locally.