What's new

Booms Cigar Draw Tools

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Absolutely gorgeous pieces of art! I was looking to Trade for a draw poker (after recently using a paper clip for this, and seeing how big of a difference it can make!) Well, to abridge the story: Troy (Boom) sent me a PM with a link to a gallery of his hand-made draw tools. From the symmetry, I assume he uses a lathe, and is damn good at it! So, I requested a deep blood red wood, his decision which (Padauk got chosen) and sent him a picture of one of my favorite shaving brushes to model the draw tool's handle off of.

Here's the brush in question:

In less than a week, He had the handle done, then fitted it with a poker (Nice and sharp at the end, with flute cuts on the shaft to help cut through any blockage)

Now, I have the tool, and it's gorgeous... Here are some pictures for you guys so that you don't have to listen to me anymore! I honestly couldn't be happier with this guy!

Attachments

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Boom definitely has some skill. Great communication and a long list of woods too! I've bought many of his pokers for myself or as gifts and all have been true pieces of art. No two are alike. His tampers are great too for you pipe smokers!

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have two the normal size and an extra long one, They have saved many a cigar. Money well spent.