What's new

Boravis Cigar Draw Tool & Nubber

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to smoke your Cigars down to the Nub.? Occasionally run into a tight Draw.?

This has got to be the best Cigar Accessories Purchase that I've made this year.

Just search for "Boravis Cigar Tool" on Amazon where it's sold for around $15.00.

For unclogging the Cigars it's easy peasy. Twist it in and then pull straight back without the twist. The end is extended hooks that will pull the tobacco out making very small hole..

For smoking the nub just unscrew the small side and you have a twin prong that you insert into the side of the cigar works well for any cigar from my Cheroot to Churchill. The body is thick so heat is not transferred. The two prongs probably works better than the single 1 prong that the competition uses. Making this the one to buy.

This one only costs $15.99 and I find myself using daily. I bought the Gray Aluminum and it's quite sturdy. The threads are precision cut and screw in and out very easily.

There is another draw tool that is more popular at $35.00 but I'm very satisfied with this one and don't think that it's worth the extra cost.

Last edited:

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I didn't mean that like it sounded. Just meant it was well written and sounded professional, sorry brother!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cigar accessories can make the experience better esp. when we consider the cost of how much a cigar can cost....if a tool can mitigate and save a $20 cigar the tool just paid for itself. I read and watched reviews on this tool and it appears to be something that is pretty good...if the rod on a draw tool is too thick it can actually cause a split so one wants to consider the positive/con of the tool. I use the Modus 2 and slide it in and when I hit the end I will turn it 1/4 to a 1/2 turn and then pull it straight back which brings out the offending plug. The Boravis looks to be a small diameter rod which mitigates splitting the cigar but the process seems the same...slide it in...turn and cut the tobacco plug and then extract bringing the bits of offending tobacco with it....volia'.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can't remember the last time I had a cigar I couldn't draw. It's been awhile. Not saying it didn't harken from time to time. But if you are buying $20 cigars that regularly need a tool to make them smokable that blows my mind.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can't remember the last time I had a cigar I couldn't draw. It's been awhile. Not saying it didn't harken from time to time. But if you are buying $20 cigars that regularly need a tool to make them smokable that blows my mind.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
A few brands have a tendency to be tight. The Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 and the MonteChristo Medianoche are two that come to mind. They are by no means $20.00 per stick.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I get them pretty often. even on decent cigars. I normally use a bamboo skewer to open them up and if that doesn't work I have a long drill bit that will do the trick. As far as nubbing I like my set of cigar mouth pieces. I get a good, cool draw, I don't burned lips and the wrapper will not unravel on you. Decent mouthpieces are more expensive then the 15 dollar tool described but I swear by them now that I have them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the $35 draw tool?
No haven't tried it. The clincher is that the Boravis has two prongs as a nubber compared to the 1 prong. In addition the nubber on the Perfec Draw is a secondary use of the draw tool. Whereas the Boralis is on the end of the pen and very comfortable to manipulate.

A three star review on Amazon about the expensive Perfec Draw said
"The construction on this is solid. I just don't think I'm getting 40 dollars worth. Also, they advertise that it works as a nubber. In my experience it does not, as it spins on you (toothpicks work better as nubbers than this). "

Since the Nubber mechanism is better on the Boralis and I'm using the Nubber daily with every single Cigar I Smoke, just doesn't seem to make sense to buy the more expensive one.

I would love to do a 1 on 1 comparison but just don't feel like Ponying up $39.00 for a tool with an inferior nubber..

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
No haven't tried it. The clincher is that the Boravis has two prongs as a nubber compared to the 1 prong. In addition the nubber on the Perfec Draw is a secondary use of the draw tool. Whereas the Boralis is on the end of the pen and very comfortable to manipulate.

A three star review on Amazon about the expensive Perfec Draw said
"The construction on this is solid. I just don't think I'm getting 40 dollars worth. Also, they advertise that it works as a nubber. In my experience it does not, as it spins on you (toothpicks work better as nubbers than this). "

Since the Nubber mechanism is better on the Boralis and I'm using the Nubber daily with every single Cigar I Smoke, just doesn't seem to make sense to buy the more expensive one.

I would love to do a 1 on 1 comparison but just don't feel like Ponying up $39.00 for a tool with an inferior nubber..
Fair enough is you're looking for a nubber. I've never used one.

85% of the PD reviews on Amazon are 5 stars, compared to 58% for the Boralis. But if you're looking to save money and have a nub tool, then I guess you made the right choice for you.