What's new

Boston

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
May be planning a trip to Boston with the wife for a long weekend. She's was there a long time aback I have never been. Plan is to go catch a band at the house of blues. Would prefer to stay around/close to there. I've heard Gloucester street is closed any other places to catch a drink and a smoke? Feel free to recommend any other must see/go to places especially for food and drinks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigar Masters or Stanza Dei Cigari for both a smoke and a drink (or Victory Cigar if you're gonna travel a bit), but they'll run you a pretty penny. because of the way Ma law works, their cigar markups are insane.

For a smoke, LJ Peretti. Just don't expect the guys working there to be too friendly. It's a boys club and it takes a while to know them. Small but good selection.

For pipes, Leavitt and Pierce in Harvard Square. Can't smoke inside, but they have a good selection of pipes, small amount of baccy, wet shaving supplies, and other "gentlemans" tools, if you will.

Also, if you do come, come say hey! I work at a wine shop in Beacon Hill :bottle:

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
How come everyone always forgets to mention Churchills in Faneuil Hall. Not the best selection of smokes, but there is no cutting fee. It also has a bar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come everyone always forgets to mention Churchills in Faneuil Hall. Not the best selection of smokes, but there is no cutting fee. It also has a bar.
a rep just told me yesterday that it was closing....haven't investigated yet, but was erring on the side of caution.....

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I wouldn't be surprised. I always wondered how it stayed afloat. I walk by there everyday, and I can say that for now, it is still open.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Stanza is a pretty good spot and you can bring your own for $5 cutting fee.
Also it's in the N end so a good place to walk around and see some sights.

Must sees
Waterfront
Constitution
Fenway - a cross from the house of blues
Public garden & swan boats
Paul revere house and old n church in n end
If your traveling
Salem am wichy stuff
Cambridge and Harvard sq and Harvard gardens
Battle of Lexington museum

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like Stanza and CM quite a bit, but there's another place in Charlestown I like quite a bit called Tangerino. It's a hookah bar too, but the cigar selection is pretty freaking good.

Shame about Churchill's but the fact of the matter is their cigar selection is a mess.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on when you come, you can usually grab $10-$15 six seats to most games (that aren't NYY or Rays games lol) so that's a good time, if you're already hitting the HOB. Long weekend=afternoon game before the concert

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Since your hitting the hob, cigar masters is close by but expensive (also only wine and beer)

If you like whiskey check out http://www.citizenpub.com an they have good food and its two blocks from hob

Stanza is good and they serve booze but selection blows so pay the cutting fee

Other favs

http://www.abeandlouies.com < high end steak house and their seafood tower rocks

The Apollo in China Town has best sushi and Korean BBQ IMO

Doesn't look like much but get then kimchi and unagi

Speaking of china town

http://www.shabuzen.com

Do the rib eye with miso broth and udon noodle

If your talking north end I like http://joetecces.com/

But there's lots of good food there

Unfortunately BO'S not a smoke friendly town so usually I hang by the Charles and light up there

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost forgot to mention, if you're into wine, eat at La Famiglia Giorgio in the north end. Food is insane ad the wine list is award winning. Prices are reasonable, considering.