What's new

Boswell Pipe shop

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just ordered a billiard. I think I'm done for the year with pipe purchases. I'm now scared to even think about driving to the shop!

http://boswellpipes.com/tallwsbilliard9414.html

Pic courtesy of Boswell's website...
Ah man, that's sweet too.... It's a good place to part with a lot of money. That's why its good I don't live closer, heck two hours is too close, let alone that dang website;)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I just ordered a billiard. I think I'm done for the year with pipe purchases. I'm now scared to even think about driving to the shop!

http://boswellpipes.com/tallwsbilliard9414.html

Pic courtesy of Boswell's website...
Ah man, that's sweet too.... It's a good place to part with a lot of money. That's why its good I don't live closer, heck two hours is too close, let alone that dang website;)
If I was two hours away, I'd probably be there every other weekend. I'm 4+ hours away...Long Island, NY.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Is there a reason why their stems are so tight? Thought I was going to break the shanks of both pipes.
If it feels too tight, stick it in the freezer for couple hours. It should come out easier. Then take a pencil and run the lead on the tenon. The graphite in the lead will lubricate it.
Thanks for the advice!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
These guys are pure evil!

I called them to ask about having them make a pipe similar to one I missed out on a while back. They sent me a picture of one that I don't think I can pass on, but I still want the other one made as well.

I think I'll have to block them, after I get these last two. ;)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
These guys are pure evil!

I called them to ask about having them make a pipe similar to one I missed out on a while back. They sent me a picture of one that I don't think I can pass on, but I still want the other one made as well.

I think I'll have to block them, after I get these last two. ;)
Pictures please!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Is there a reason why their stems are so tight? Thought I was going to break the shanks of both pipes.
If it feels too tight, stick it in the freezer for couple hours. It should come out easier. Then take a pencil and run the lead on the tenon. The graphite in the lead will lubricate it.
I tried something different. A little bit of Chapstick on my index finger, then applied to the stem(tenon?). Worked like a charm...