What's new

Boswell Pipes

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Long week i guess..Same here...but then again, I don't have a newborn to care for....

Sleep will be nice..someday...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
a tip that was passed onto me, is to coat the inside of the bowl with honey or maple syrup(lightly) before a loading her up...for the first few bowls, helps to build up the cake and break er in.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
caudio51 said:
wait are we talking pipes or women?
Edited to add...or what women should be doing? I'm not sure about all this baking and caking and honey stuff :rofl:

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
allanf said:
a tip that was passed onto me, is to coat the inside of the bowl with honey or maple syrup(lightly) before a loading her up...for the first few bowls, helps to build up the cake and break er in.

This may not be necessary. Boswell uses a coating in the bowl. Here is a quote from there site.

J.M. Boswell said:
The final step buffing the pipe with a carnauba wax to a shining finish. Along with the last step are two more crucial steps Boswell's special bowl coating and Boswell's signature plus the year of the pipe. Boswell's bowl coating greatly shortens the "break-in" time and gives a sweet smoke from the very first bowl.

There pipes do smoke great from the get go!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Alright, it arived today and has quite a bit more bulk to it then I thought...very very nice pipe. The hole is right at the bottom of the bowl.

Not the bottom of the side but in the bottom. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds nice! Wish I had time lately to sit down and smoke anything. By the time I could get around to it there's no way I'm going to consider even sitting in the garage when it's 20 degrees at 9 or 10pm. Haven't made it to the shop in weeks. I envy you Todd.

Sleep...a highly overrated function that people who no longer or have never had to care for young children get. It's been just over 2 years since my wife or I had much sleep, and we're going to be making things worse in April.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ROFL...I've got 20 minutes or so for the most part. Hardly long enough to smoke anything worthwhile. I tend to smoke pretty slow...even a ERDM Cafe Au Lait takes me close to 45 minutes.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Alright, it arived today and has quite a bit more bulk to it then I thought...very very nice pipe. The hole is right at the bottom of the bowl.

Not the bottom of the side but in the bottom. :thumbsup:
Lol, yep. :thumbsup:

I smokes like a champ too...perfectly cool and i only relit once on the ride to work! :blob:

It fits perfectly in my hand too.