What's new

BOTL blind cigar reviews of RyJ Mille Fleur

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
For our fourth 2nd tier blind review was a Romeo Y Julieta Mille Fleur URG SEP 2010.

The panel consists of:

1) Hot Sauce
2) srdugging
3) Calgon
4) Zen Smoker 222
5) pbibby

Reviewer No.1

Setting: Cigar lounge

Drink: Henry Weinhards root beer

Observations: A nice light tan wrapper that is box pressed. Appears to be petit Corona Sized. No soft of hard spots to the touch.

Cut: Cut nice and clean with my Cuban crafters cutter

Prelight: Cigar has great draw and with a nice clean tobacco taste. Looking forward to this cigar.

1/3rd: Fire this cigar up with my Zippo tourch. Got a nice even light and this cigar draws great as expected. Right off I get a nice nutty flavor. After a few more puffs I get a some woodsyness. But it a woodsyness that I like. It reminds me of a cherry wood that pairs well with the nuttyness. Great burn and volume of smoke.

2/3rd: Flavor stays pretty much the same. Still getting that cherrywood nutty flavor and some richness. Cigar is burning excellent. Probably the most even burning cigar I've had in a few months. Getting a nice dark grey ash. That holds for an inch or so before it want to fall off. I would say this cigar is meduim strenght and body.

3/3rd: The cherrywood flavor has faded a little to more of just a plain woodsyness. Still taste the nuttyness and now some nice earthyness. Cigar is still burning nicely and never required a touvh up. May have dropped down a little bit in strenght and body to light meduim. Let this cigar burn down to 3/4'' before I put it down.

Post smoke comments: While this may not be the most complex cigar. It does have a nice profile to it for a 2nd teir cigar. Would be a great smoke after a nice rich dessert. This cigar never got bitter or hot. A really nice burning cigar that made for an enjoyable experience. I'd give it a score of 88 out of 100.

Reviewer No.2

Looks like a petit corona to me, natural color and slightly box pressed.
A tight draw, but I think this will work.
Pre light draw: Toast, hay and a bit of barnyard.

First third: The barnyard continues onto the palate, but it is not entirely unpleasant with bread dough and tobacco flavors. The draw is still a little too tight but it is yielding enough smoke. The flavors don’t change much in this light bodied smoke. Pretty much what I expect in a cheap Cuban cigar.

Second third: The barnyard has dissipated into a rich, earthy flavor making this a much more enjoyable smoke accompanied by the bread dough, some sweetness and more body. At the half way mark a disappointing return to the flavors from the first third leaves me reluctant to finish this smoke.

The final third left me yearning for that early second third smoke. It got a little better with some nuttiness emerging, but overall, the flavors are less distinctive.

Final thoughts: I think this cigar would have benefitted from some dry boxing and has the potential to be much better, but based on this sample I would rate it at 82 points. My guess is the Jose’ L. Piedra Petit Cetros.

Reviewer No.3

Cigar #4 review

Appearance: Medium brown wrapper. Slight box-press; firm.

Prelight: Cold draw revels nuts and cedar. Draw is a bit firm but definitely smokeable.

First third: The smoke begins light with a slight creaminess wit a hint of spice lingering on the tongue. I also get a get a nice saltiness from the wrapper.

Second third: More of the same. The flavors darken a bit and meld into a dark fruit flavor.

Final third: The core flavors continue with no complaints.

Final thoughts: A very enjoyable smoke throughout. It had similar flavors to previous cigars reviewed which is to be expected in this price range. I suspect that most of these cigars share at least some of the same tobacco. The saltiness I get from some cubans is so enjoyable. For me it helps to pick flavors as well as keep my mouth juices flowin throughout the smoke. Overall this was a pleasant smoke and I look forward to smoking more.

My guess: no clue

Reviewer No.4

Construction: Good solid burn, Just about a perfect draw (which was quite nice)...Overall a nicely constructed PC sized stick. Nice velvety light colored wrapper.

1rst Half: Distinctive cuban tobacco flavor, with some wonderful woody and earthy flavors. there was a nice sorta sweetness also. I also got toasted nuts maybe cashews or walnuts?

2nd Half: medium. In strength would be my assessment and around the same maybe a little more body wise. Really not a lot of change from the first half.

Conclusion: I was very pleased with this cigar and will be picking up more. I give this cigar a solid 89.

Reviewer No.5

Cigar #4 is a really nice looking cigar. The construction of this is really nice. It is probably the best looking and best feeling of all of the second tiers so far. Very nice triple cap and supple wrapper.

Prelight : Wood and a good strong tobacco flavor.

1st half : Sweet tobacco and earth here. This is a very good start. Tons of woody notes. Earth earth earth.!!! Good stuff so far. Construction is decent but unfortunately we're a little tight on the draw. Hopefully it opens up a little more.

2nd half : We're about the same here. Not much difference from the first half, but if anything just a little flatter. The after finish is a little weird. Not bad, but just not good. The draw is pretty tight. I've had to work my jaw quite a bit to get this to go. But at least it isn't plugged.

Overall : this cigar was pretty good. Not the best of the series so far but not the worst. It flattened out as it went on, but it was still decent. I'll give it an 84. I'd love to revisit this after it was revealed

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This makes at least 2 that will be on my next "buy" list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
This makes at least 2 that will be on my next "buy" list.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.
Nice to hear you found a 2nd cigar that is now on your to buy list.

I enjoyed it as well.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These only seem to get better with age too. The RyJ Churchill might be what the brand is known for but I think these are better.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I'm dissapointed I couldn't give this cigar a fair shake as a sudden influx of fresh NC cigars into my transitional humidor (where this was stored) over the previous 10 days probably resulted in an over humidified stick.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I really enjoy these Hot_Sauce! Thank you for organizing and the guys the participating: Hot Sauce, srdugging, Calgon, Zen Smoker and pbibby.