What's new

BOTL Blind reviews of Quintero Londres Extra USB MAR 2012

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
For BOTL 2nd tier blind reviews cigar No.5 was a Quintero Londres Extra USB MAR 2012

The 2nd tier review panel consists of

1) Hot_Sauce
2) pbibby
3) srduggins
4) Calgon
5) Zen Smoker 222

Reviewer No.1

Drink: Henry Wienhards root beer

Appearance: This is a meduim tannish brown shaded petit corona with a slightly rough looking wrapper and a box press It feels a little on the soft side.

Cut: This cigar was cut with my cuban crafters cutter. It but pretty clean, but did have to scrape off a couple of pieces of short filler.

Prelight: I get a strong barnyard tobacco like flavor.

1/3rd: Right off the bat I get an earthy barnyard like flavor. After it burns down about half an inch. I get some doughy like sweetness. Cigar burn is a little uneven but dosent require a touch up. Holds a light grey marble ash for about 1/2 inch before it needs to be tipped into the ash tray.

2/3rd: The strong barnyard flavors have mellowed out some and it's more earthy and a little doughy sweet. Needed to touch up the uneven burn at the halfway point. Cigar is on the meduim side for flavor and meduim/light for body.

3/3rd: Flavors stay about the same for the final 3rd. The earthyness may have gotten a little stronger towards the end. Got a good volume of smoke throughout the entire cigar.Put it down with about an inch or so to go.

Conclusion: This was an ok cigar. Maybe a little more age will help this as it seemed a little rough around the edges at times.

Score 85 out of 100pts.

Reviewer No.2

Cigar #5 is a pretty rough looking cigar. This is probably the worst construction so far of the second tiers. Some nice barnyard comes off of the wrapper as I take a whiff. Smells nice. Let's see what's in store.

Prelight : Sweet hay. That's about it. Wonder how many times I have said that. Haha

1st : Barnyard start here. To the t for me. Seems like Hay and horseshit describes this perfectly. As we move through first half, sweetness is coming through. Can't place it yet. Let's see.

2nd half : it's starting to go very flat here. Starting to get bitter. The sweetness came through as nothing more than sweet hay. Maybe a touch of cream, but that's about it. Not much is available on the palate here. Again, bitterness and flat. Oh well, it really wasn't too bad.

Overall : First half was pretty unique for me, but the second half just gave out. I think it had to do with the very spongy construction of the cigar. Overall a 75. Pretty tough to find the bright spots. Oh well. Thanks guys!

Reviewer No.3

Cigar #5
Another natural cooler, box pressed petit corona with a smooth wrapper.
Pre-Light: Enticing aromas of leather, earth and graham cracker goodness.
The pre-light draw is very good with a little snugness to it of earth and graham cracker spice. I dry-boxed this one since the previous one was too moist.

1st third: The smoke delivers on the pre-light flavors with leather and earth dominating some woody and nutty flavors with just a hint of the graham cracker spice. Very smooth tasting with a med-mild body. By the middle of the first third the flavors have merged together with the wood smoke flavor dominating.

2nd third: Although, the flavors are less interesting, some richness emerges to keep things interesting. The body and richness slowly increase throughout this third.

Final third: The final third begins with some graham cracker pie crust flavor competing with earth and the wood smoke flavors combining with the medium richness to providing a very good smoking experience. The pie crust remains in the background, but this smoke finishes with a very nice flavor profile.

Conclusion: A good, but slow start that finishes great and belongs in any humidor. Could this be another La Flor de Cano but in a petit corona? I give it 90 points, but if it ever starts like it finishes, it would be stellar

Reviewer No.5

Unavailable

Reviewer No.6

Unavailable

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Wow, did I smoke the same cigar as you two? If you have more of these I'd really suggest some time in a dry box before firing one up.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I don't unfortunately. I'm not sure how much that wpouuld affect it. I sit at a perfect 65/65 and don't have any problems with other sticks.

Oh well! :dunno:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Steve:

The one I reviewed was in my cigar caddy for a week. So it would be available when I go down to the cigar lounge to review. Not sure if that would make a difference or not? The caddy has a tight seal and I keep it in my car trunk. The weather has warmed up here some. I'll dry box my next one and see how it go's.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Great reviews guys and thank you for organizing as always Hot_Sauce.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Your welcome

It's nice to hear that you guy's are enjoying this.

Look forward to doing another session in the fall/winter.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Will do

Next round will be something different.

Maybe LE's/RE's

Pyramids/Torpedo's

Haven't done them yet