What's new

BOTL CIGAR Review as it burns!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Well I'm holding no punches a honest review as it burns!
Here we go.
Start time: 2pm
Drink: water

Prelight:
Appearance: Wrapper is Oily as Hell! Min vains with some small sunspots and small hairs as well. DID I mention Oily!lol Nice looking triple cap as well. No soft spots to speak of and the cigar in general is not as wet as I thought it was going to be. (but still a slight wetness but not much)
Smell and prelight draw:
Heavy spice on the lips and nose from the foot and head. Thru the nose heavy doses of spice and sweet note, slight leather. A almost perfect draw as well.
1st inch:
Cigar is burning well with a HEAVY amount of smoke and a nice white/grey ash. 1st draw and exhale i received a very nice coffee note a min after the exhale.

1st 3rd:
Still burning great with a ton of smoke. So far a retro hale at full blast produced almost too much spice thru the nose but a great flavor of sweet coffee and leather. Pepin esq. almost. (Almost like a brown label)(W.b. comfirms lol!) Everbody is commenting on the ambient smoke and how it has a sweetness in the air. So far a good even burning cigar with one touch up. 40 mins in and the 1st 3rd is done!

2nd 3rd:
Spice has died down alot. Almost gone. Ash is now flaky at 1+ inch intervals. Still some light sweetness notes that are almost hidden after exhalation. Smoke feels great in the mouth and the retrohale taste great!(sweetness like many ccs.) So far a straight medium body cigar. Also a slight bitterness has shown up in the last few mins but nothing too terrible.

Still not much change in the second half of the 2nd 3rd. holding a 2 inch plus flaky ash! So far I love the profile thru the nose on this smoke. IMO it just taste great! Also a little woodiness is creeping in now as well.

Final 3rd:
Same profile continues with a light sweetness, HEAVY amounts of smoke off the exhale and still a slight bitterness hanging around. Still holding 1 inch ash at a time with a grat razor burn the last hour of smoking.

Final impressions:
OILY wrapper, Spice to start, notes of leather, woodiness. Great burn(esp in the second half. Only 1 relight halfway thru. Final smoking time 1 hr 45 mins.
Cons: Slight bitterness from 2nd 3rd to the final. (young) Also although I liked the profile in general it was slightly muted and fairly consitent and one dimensional as well. But I really didn't mind it because I still enjoyed the general profile very much.
Pros: I was most impressed with the extremely oily wrapper and a great burn with the 1hr45 mins of burn time. Also great construction no soft spots and TONS of smoke.
Thanks to Eric, Abe and Tim for putting these together! Should be a good one for the best web site on the net!

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks brother for posting up the review and pics... looking forward to mine!

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Thanks for putting a review out there to let everyone know what to expect. I liked it as well, and my experience was much the same. One thing that I experienced smoking it was a tartness, I feel because of it's freshness it was little wet. For me I've noticed that when a cigar is at higher humidity the tobaccos lend to that tartness. Thanks, to the main dudes for creating this exciting new cigar.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Very good review and pic's Justin and thanks for sharing your smoking experience.

I couldn't quite tell from your nice pic's but is the one you smoked the same "size" as what's being released?

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Very good review and pic's Justin and thanks for sharing your smoking experience.

I couldn't quite tell from your nice pic's but is the one you smoked the same "size" as what's being released?
If I may respond in lieu of Justin or Tim, there is only one size the corona gorda. The cigar smoked was a cg.