What's new

BOTL & Drew Estate Cigar Safari 2014, 01/29 - 02/01

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very well done video, thank you for sharing.

Need one of those Flying Hog humidors! :rofl:
I was the proud recipient of that little gem. Pretty much THE highlight of the trip for me.

So for those who've gone. What's the average price for air fare? I'm assuming a deal could be found if purchased ahead of time.

Much appreciated!
All booking is done through the same agent I believe so that everyone arrives on the same flight to Nica. Now getting to Miami seems to be up to the person and if they want to go a little early and hang out there for a few days.

Sent from your mothers phone
Got it. I was under the impression you were on your own to get to Nica.
Makes sense though, just trying to get an idea on the total costs. My nephew-in-law and I are thinking about trying to go next year.

Anyone that wouldn't mind giving me a ballpark figure please PM me.
If not no worries,

Thanks!
My flights cost $625 which was round trip from Lacrosse Wisconsin. I was considering using my frequent flyer miles to get to Miami and then taking the flight with the rest of the crew from there so I got a price on just that portion as well. that came out to just under $500.

Since the ticket for the Safari part is all inclusive (meals, lodging, transport in Nica, drinks, cigars, etc.), I would plan on budgeting around $1500. That should easily cover Safari ticket, air fair, and souvenirs.
Awesome, that's what I was looking for, thanks Rupe!!
I am going on a safari later this month, and also staying in Nicaragua for another 5 nights. Total budget is about 2k. Flight from DC was $620 round trip, which hasn't changed by much in the last six months.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
As Rupe and Kevin have said this was a great trip, and totally different from last year....We had a great group, The newbees on this trip were at Awe the whole trip. The returnees on this trip all said it was the best they have been on, We eat like Kings, the accommodation were great, and yes all the Cigars u wanted to smoke, and Yes Booze well we had plenty each night, Even Rev B's Moon shine (the apple pie was a great hit) thanks to Rupe....
For those that didn't make the trip or wished they would have, Keep an eye on the board around june, Don't miss it next time , This is a once in a life time trip that u have to make (but I know a few of us will be going again) .....
Some of u have seen this before, but it never get old to me, This years Cigar Safari BOTL 2014 http://s243.photobucket.com/user/bmckelvy_2007/library/Cigar%20Safari%20BOTL%202013/Cigar%20Safari%20BOTL%202014?sort=3&page=1
http://s243.photobucket.com/user/bmckelvy_2007/library/BRADMC/2014-01-31?sort=3&page=1

Couldn't forget my dressed up Travelador
IMG_20140205_114243_149.jpg

A special thanks to JD, Pedro, Henry, Jesse, and the rest of the Cigar Safari Gang..............

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for sharing some pictures and stories fellas... looks like a great trip! Looking forward to getting together with the local brothers and hearing more about it.
Sounds like fun, bro. After all your stories and pictures cemented the idea that I had to go! Maybe Tues. eve. on the 17th at Smokey Joes?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I smoked around 19 'gars in 3 days, more than enough for me.
Now some brothers probably hit 19 in one day, no joke!
I'm a 50 year old at heart I guess :)
Great job on the video DE. Sorry I couldn't meet you J. Brooke.
Thank God, for professional video editors, I have a lot more respect for you guys getting in front of the camera with one take.
How many "R's" are in Nicaragua? lol ;)
Your avatar always made me think of you as a 50 year old guy and you don't type like you speak so that's misleading to me. To be honest. As a side note, I don't think you have any cigars for yourself in the entire video. Even looking at you, you seem too fit to be smoking cigars lol.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Great Pics Brad!
The look on everyone's face when the femur was being passed around is great--a bunch of fat kids in a cake factory with shit eating grins :)
As Rupe and Kevin have said this was a great trip, and totally different from last year....We had a great group, The newbees on this trip were at Awe the whole trip. The returnees on this trip all said it was the best they have been on, We eat like Kings, the accommodation were great, and yes all the Cigars u wanted to smoke, and Yes Booze well we had plenty each night, Even Rev B's Moon shine (the apple pie was a great hit) thanks to Rupe....
For those that didn't make the trip or wished they would have, Keep an eye on the board around june, Don't miss it next time , This is a once in a life time trip that u have to make (but I know a few of us will be going again) .....
Some of u have seen this before, but it never get old to me, This years Cigar Safari BOTL 2014 http://s243.photobucket.com/user/bmckelvy_2007/library/Cigar%20Safari%20BOTL%202013/Cigar%20Safari%20BOTL%202014?sort=3&page=1
http://s243.photobucket.com/user/bmckelvy_2007/library/BRADMC/2014-01-31?sort=3&page=1

View attachment 39215

A special thanks to JD, Pedro, Henry, Jesse, and the rest of the Cigar Safari Gang..............

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks for sharing some pictures and stories fellas... looks like a great trip! Looking forward to getting together with the local brothers and hearing more about it.
Sounds like fun, bro. After all your stories and pictures cemented the idea that I had to go! Maybe Tues. eve. on the 17th at Smokey Joes?
If you mean Tuesday the 18th, I'm down for that night. :)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Brad... great pics, thanks for sharing.

A few questions for anyone in the group...

- Did anyone take home that fat ass cigar?? LOL
- What field did you visit, My Father's?
- I noticed they showed you some Pelo de Oro seeds... do they use any of that tobacco in their cigars? I don't think so but curious...

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Brad... great pics, thanks for sharing.

A few questions for anyone in the group...

- Did anyone take home that fat ass cigar?? LOL
- What field did you visit, My Father's?
- I noticed they showed you some Pelo de Oro seeds... do they use any of that tobacco in their cigars? I don't think so but curious...
No That Cigar was at Roma Craft (Called the Femar), If we could have gotten it out we would have ...... the field we went to was Oliva Tobacco farm, They sell to all factory's...... Yes all the seed was used or hybrid of the seed

Guys correct me if i have mis-spoke.....

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

View attachment 39215

Thanks for the pix Brad! Amazing trip, even with a brutal case of heatstroke the 2nd day. Drinking until 3am the night before was still completely necessary. Looking forward to next year!

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
No Wives were on this trip , there was some friends of JD that showed up and were on the tour for a day .........( there has been trips that hubby and wife were along )