What's new

BoTL Fantasy Football.....UPDATED FIRST POST

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea i meant week 2...

the predictions have every game being pretty close...

my issue is the 2 rookies, that might take a little bit to get in the groove

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Question: When do we have to finalize our Week 1 roster considering the first game is on Thursday?

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
You can finalize your roster up to a few minutes before the game.

Any player in Thurs. game must be in lineup a few minutes before the game if you want them to play. You can insert the other players a few minutes before their games on sunday.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You can finalize your roster up to a few minutes before the game.

Any player in Thurs. game must be in lineup a few minutes before the game if you want them to play. You can insert the other players a few minutes before their games on sunday.
Great - so I do not need all of the roster in before Sunday.

Just if I have a player on Pitt or Miami (got 4 probable starters between the 2 teams)

gracias!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Great - so I do not need all of the roster in before Sunday.

Just if I have a player on Pitt or Miami (got 4 probable starters between the 2 teams)

gracias!
Exactly. So if you have players in the sunday's 1:05 game, they need to be set by at least 1:00. Where are the sunday's 4:15 games need to be set around 4:10. I wouldn't wait until 5 minutes before the game, but there are ocassions where its not certain if a player will play up until game time. So you have until then to decide.

de nada

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Those little yellow boxes next to their names will give you recent news. Also when it gets closer to gameday you can click the "Extra's" link on the "My Team" page. Its in the grey bar right about you team list. That will give you some hints for the up coming week, they'll usually put some tidbits in there a couple of days before the game.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
www.NFL.com produces an official player injury lists on Wednesday and Friday team by team. The team is mandated to produce this list so people do not think bookies and gambling sites have inside information. Exactly how accurate this official NFL information varies by team and by head coach as some are more open and honest about their players situations. Some teams list every singe player with even a hang nail and list them like, toe and questionable on Wednesday and Friday might show toe and probable. Like Tom Brady all last year said shoulder and probable all year, he never missed a game. Not listed on injury report means no injuries reported or that they will play. Probable is 75% that player will play, Questionable is 50%, Doubtful is 25%, and Out is 0%. The NFL site will also post game day reports and update as things can and will change.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Flex spot. Can start either a running back, wide receiver, and maybe a tight end.

EDIT, I just tried and a tight end does not count toward a flex line up. Only a RB and WR will count. The BN is Bench in case that comes up too.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Flex spot. Can start either a running back, wide receiver, and maybe a tight end.

EDIT, I just tried and a tight end does not count toward a flex line up. Only a RB and WR will count. The BN is Bench in case that comes up too.
So if BN comes up, that player is not starting. RB would indicate that particular Running Back is starting. Correct? Just want to make sure I have the guys I want starting.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Correct...

BN means not starting and RB means they are starting at RB
WR is starting at Wide Reciever
and
W/R means they are starting at W/R and this individual can either be a WR or a RB

Anything else...

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Correct Kev.

If you hit the match up link, you will see the starting rosters for you and your opponent.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have 4 players in tonight's game!

Jersey Aficinados will be thrown down like a stale macanudo ...

... and Headbanger sucks!