What's new

BoTL Fantasy Football.....UPDATED FIRST POST

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
One thing i would suggest is sending the sticks to Clay to hold onto after the draft. Instead of trying to track everyone down at the end of the year and someone not holding their end of the bargin.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
No problem here, plus I believe he has/had to pay a small fee for the software to track the scoring after week 4. We could include the money for him as well and a little extra to cover his shipping expense.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yea that was plan to get all the sticks after the draft b4 the season starts....

as far as the live scoring that is something that everybody has to do on their own I believe.. I know i had to do it on my own last year, i will look into it and see if i can pay a one time thing for everybody but i dont think it works that way...

And yea 1 rookie will do good i made the playoffs and lost by 1 point last year as a rookie, came in 4th

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Headbanger said:
No problem here, plus I believe he has/had to pay a small fee for the software to track the scoring after week 4. We could include the money for him as well and a little extra to cover his shipping expense.
Agreed. :yes:

Maybe we should also toss in some macanudos and don kikis for last place. :eyepoke:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
tobby4 said:
yea that was plan to get all the sticks after the draft b4 the season starts....

as far as the live scoring that is something that everybody has to do on their own I believe.. I know i had to do it on my own last year, i will look into it and see if i can pay a one time thing for everybody but i dont think it works that way...

And yea 1 rookie will do good i made the playoffs and lost by 1 point last year as a rookie, came in 4th
It looks to me that the "Live Scoring" is the only "scoring" thing that costs money. The site still tracks the RESULTS of each week for free.

These are the premium add-ons available, one of which is the live scoring.

One thing that looks like a good value to me is we could buy the PLUS PACKAGE for the whole league for $124.99. If we end up with 10 people it would be only $12.49 each for a $24.99 package.

That seems like the best deal to me.

Have you had to pay for anything yet Clay?

Has anyone paid for the add-ons already? (That could hamper the upgrade for the whole league.)

Again, it is my understanding the RESULTS will be tracked and computed for free by Yahoo. All the add-ons do is ADD to the experience.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
right yahoo will calculate the results at the end of the game... i like knowing how my guys are doing throughout the course of the game so i was going to get the live scoring...

I have not paid for anything yet,

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
For us, results may be all we need. The service I use is I think $59.95 for my other league. May have gone up July 1st tho. $124 is out of line for the industry, there are better lower cost alternatives if we want to go all out for this league. Just my .02c, but maybe keep this simple and low cost as possible since this is going to be a more friendly.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
$59.95 for all of the things listed, for the entire league? That is a great deal.

I, personally, don't have a need for the additional tools...I don't think they would help me much since I don't/won't be able to focus on it as much this fall as I can now.

If enough people want to get it, it is actually $40 worth of add-ons for $12.49, I will help out.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yes, all the results are tracked by Yahoo. The addons are for real time scoring during the game, some dorks like banger may sit there and hit the refresh button to see their up to the minute score. Otherwise you'll have to wait till the next morning.

You also get some pdf's to download each week with "insider" info.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
In re upgrades ... not a strong opinion either way ... will go with the majority.

I just happy to see that with this schedule I (Big Blue) start the season off with a win! :riflefire :guitar:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Headbanger said:
The stat tracker for $9.99 is per team, not the entire league. So $40 add on would not be for the entire league.
I know Steve. If you bought the add-ons, as a team/person individually, they would add up to $40.

If the league bought the add-on package the entire league, i.e. every person/team, gets access to $40 of add-ons for $12.49 each.

Did you see my links?

Specifically this one, PLUS PACKAGE

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Poni said:
some dorks like banger may sit there and hit the refresh button to see their up to the minute score. Otherwise you'll have to wait till the next morning.
I do it here too if that matters. :sadpace: Yes Sunday I am on-line quite a bit at NFL.com or my main site that I am comishioner for, but will not be for this league. I am always making sure things run smoothly there.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yup Todd, thanks. The only feature I would get from that would be the stats live tracker thing. I would not require nor need the upgrade. Some other sites offer free services like cheat sheets to draft from and pre season information. I am here more for fun and camaraderie and to take Larry's cigars. Also to kick Big Blues ass as well.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Is the Wed Aug 30 9:30pm EDT time good for all or is that just a day Clay picked? Please PM Clay if any draft day is bad or post here. Setting the day and time is important as we get closer and fill up the league.