What's new

BOTL Newbie Here

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Welcome from AZ! Would love to get to a Festival/Show like that sometime and see everything. Looked like an awesome time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks AZCigarMatt, it was a great event. The weather was perfect. LFD was offering a great boxed deal. I was expecting sample cigars but apparently they were saying the FDA was cracking down on that? I didn't know that Colorado also had some great micro-breweries and distilleries (like Ax and Oak). The venue (Omni Hotel) was great and you gotta eat the tacos at Kachina. They're different than what we have in PHX and SoCal. If you're a Marriott guy, the Renaissance Hotel offered a complimentary Shuttle (as did the Westin). Come out next year! I'm planning to be there with a good group of friends.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks AZCigarMatt, it was a great event. The weather was perfect. LFD was offering a great boxed deal. I was expecting sample cigars but apparently they were saying the FDA was cracking down on that? I didn't know that Colorado also had some great micro-breweries and distilleries (like Ax and Oak). The venue (Omni Hotel) was great and you gotta eat the tacos at Kachina. They're different than what we have in PHX and SoCal. If you're a Marriott guy, the Renaissance Hotel offered a complimentary Shuttle (as did the Westin). Come out next year! I'm planning to be there with a good group of friends.
I have friends in Denver so I may have to try to get out there. Travel and cigar budget is on lockdown right now since my fiancé and I are saving for our wedding next November, but I'll have to try and make it happen. "Fight On" my brother, hope we show up next week against Alabama. You live in Phoenix? There is a HERF section on here for local meet ups. I just joined the forum last week so I am just getting to know people and the threads out there.

AZ330FZL

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just got back from the Rocky Mountain Cigar Festival and it reminded me of everything I've been missing. So much has changed in the industry (new cigars) since I took a hiatus from regularly enjoying cigars (since 2008). I'm looking forward to trying a lot of cigars and conversing with you fine gentlemen.
Wait just a darn minute....just looked up where you are from.....the SCV? I grew up there. Graduated from Valencia in 98'. What the what?

AZ330FZL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait just a darn minute....just looked up where you are from.....the SCV? I grew up there. Graduated from Valencia in 98'. What the what?
AZ330FZL
Yeah I just moved up here 18 months ago from the Cerritos area. It's great here for families. Nice people... although the the dryness isn't great for cigars.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah I just moved up here 18 months ago from the Cerritos area. It's great here for families. Nice people... although the the dryness isn't great for cigars.
Great family town for sure. Much more crowded than it used to be. I still have tons of friends and family there. I feel you on the dryness, Phoenix and its 4% humidity makes it interesting for sure.

AZ330FZL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great family town for sure. Much more crowded than it used to be. I still have tons of friends and family there. I feel you on the dryness, Phoenix and its 4% humidity makes it interesting for sure.
AZ330FZL
Yep... I'm eyeing one of those wineadors... makes me wish my old cabinet (and oasis) before I gave it away.