What's new

BOTL Noobie From Chicago

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
"Hello, from the Windy City!"

Thank you for allowing me to participate in the BOTL Forum. Although I have been enjoying cigar smoking for quite sometime, it seems that I am constantly learning from my "brothers of the leaf".

I recently returned from a business trip to Las Vegas. As my custom while traveling, I looked for a cigar establishment where I could peruse the humidor and find something new or interesting to smoke. I came across favorable reviews for Case Fuente at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace; I decided I must go!

I picked up the house blend sampler and a Anejo #49 to smoke. While enjoying my smokey treat and drinking some of the best mojito's I have ever tasted, I met a true brother of the leaf, and resident BOTL member, JDog. We talked for several hours about life, traveling and (of course) cigars. I was very impressed with JDog's knowledge and thoughtfully considered all his suggestions; of which one was joining and actively participating in BOTL Forums.

As mentioned, I have been enjoying cigars for many years. My first experience was years ago at Cigar King in Skokie, IL. I nearly missed the sign in the front window of an old 5 & Dime in the downtown area, but decided to stop in to investigate. I met Mitch and his "sidekick" Marv. They were the first to impart advice and helped me develop my tastes (and my experimentation with brands and varieties) early on.

My occupation affords me to work from my home office. I usually enjoy a nice cigar during the day while hacking away at my laptop on the patio. My true pleasure comes after work, however, when I can enjoy a short glass of Frangelico, a tall cold Vodka Tonic, or a neat single malt scotch. My tastes vary across several brands I enjoy; from Fuente to Garcia, from La Aurora to Montecristo, and from Hoyo de Monterrey to Partagas. My favorite sticks are Arturo Fuente Anejo's, Arturo Fuente Hemingway Maduro's, La Aurora Preferido's (Emerald), and just about anything produced by Don Pepin and Jaime Garcia.

I consider cigar smoking a truly social event. It is always a most enjoyable smoke when I can share a great discussion or debate. It's about the shared experience. Many of my best herf's have been discussing movies, sports and politics with my father-in-law while trying a new brand or variety and laughing into the late evening.

Again, thank you for having me. JDog, thank you for inviting me. I look forward to participating in the forums and actively trading.

Mike

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello Mike and :welcome:. We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy the website and camaraderie here. Looking forward to reading of your experiences.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:welcome: Mike, Greetings from Eastern North Carolina my new friend and Welcome to the family! :welcome:

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Thanks to everyone; I appreciate the warm welcome. I look forward to participating and getting to know more about my addiction (as well as meet some fine BOTL's).