What's new

BOTL.org is different from other cigar forums/boards in that we...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
In the thread another thread, I raised the question of what makes BOTL.org different from some of the other cigar forums available on the internet.

I really only lurk at one other site (ClubStogie) and am completely new to this site and therefore don't really have a basis for answering this on my own. As such, I was hoping to turn to you for your help.

Basically, what makes this place different than all the rest?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think you'll find that this group is very friendly. It's more a group of cigar lovers than a website. You'll find very knowledgeable and opinionated members plus we are lucky enough to have owners of some of the finest cigar brands and retailers here.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Here a couple places to start if you want to get a good indication as to why people like it here so much.

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=16318

Edit: Getting some weird linking goin on...substitute this thread number, 20435, in any thread url for the second.

There is no way you would have found these with any ease by searching, I just remembered they existed and found 'em for you.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think the best thing about BOTL is that all new members are required to send a fiver of their best sticks plus a 1/5th of scotch to the BoMs.

:eyebrow:

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I enjoyed the "Herf with us for under a buck" Herf, showcasing some of this years finest U.S. cigars... great event.

Too bad Macanudo couldn't make it.

Last edited:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I think the best thing about BOTL is that all new members are required to send a fiver of their best sticks plus a 1/5th of scotch to the BoMs.

:eyebrow:
good call Duane. You'll find there are really not any stupid questions here. You might find a couple stupid answers. We take pride in being polite. Spelling errors(which I have a lot of), duplicate posts, and "dumb questions" are tolerated with freindly point in the right direction.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I am here,that's what makes ity the best. Who else can sell you a cigar cabinet, and give lessons on the best damned bbq chicken that you ever ate

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
good call Duane. You'll find there are really not any stupid questions here. You might find a couple stupid answers. We take pride in being polite. Spelling errors(which I have a lot of), duplicate posts, and "dumb questions" are tolerated with freindly point in the right direction.
Yeah, that's why I like this place. Even the political threads tend to remain polite. This is a great place to have discussions of all types with other gentlemen. Most internet forums I've visited have long-standing feuds, sniping, trolling, etc. While the anonymity of the internet sometimes brings out the worst in people, those types of problems rarely occur here.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
We are the only site that speaks to each other the same way we would if we were in person. None of the damn drama or internet commandos...all those people who have tried to infiltrate have been banned.

Stick around awhile...you may discover that some of your best friends are those that you have never even met in life. Some of mine reside on this board and I have yet to meet them in person but I would do anything in my power for them in a time of need.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
We are the only site that speaks to each other the same way we would if we were in person. None of the damn drama or internet commandos...
Man, as someone who has spent time on other forums (as I'm sure all of you have), I cannot tell you how much this statement warms my heart.

I will never, for the life of me, be able to understand why people behave the way they do behind a keyboard. Sometimes, I swear that people are just bored at work/school and are attempting to see if they can get a rise out of others. I am pretty sure we all learned on the playground that such behavior wasn't really appropriate.

All these responses so far are just awesome...this board really seems to have struck a nice tone.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, not only here are some of the most knowing people of this passion of ours I've met, they are always there to lend ye a hand when in need of, answering to yer questions and paying atention to yer opinions. It's more than a board, it's a brotherhood.

Also the Thursday night sodomy. Don't forget to tell him about the sodomy!
How come I never heard of this! Blast!, been missing 2 months of it...

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I think the most obvious difference is that the majority of all active posters know each other and the new guys are always welcomed into the fold. No matter how big BoTL gets, it will always be that way.

We take of each other in a way that no other board does.